Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

R.I.P Hailey Petee... Stop the bullying!!! UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Over the weekend a beautiful little girl Hailey Petee just gave up she had fought for so long with trying to avoid the bullying and it just took a toll on her. Hailey was my brothers first wife's younger daughter. My mother called me in tears at 12.46 am Sunday morning and told me the news, Haileys mother and father were out on a date night as they do every Saturday and when they got home a little before midnight noticed their daughters light on when they walked in the most terrifying heartbreaking sight crossed their eyes, their beautiful 11 year old daughter hanging from her bunk bed, the coroner said she had been dead for a couple hours and said she did not suffer thank god.

Hailey had suffered from bullying due to add and hyperactivity. The children wouldn't leave her alone, she would come home every day crying to her mother, her mother went to the school several time and even changed her bus route and class but it still continued. She had her whole life ahead of her and because of this, her family wont be able to see her grow...

So please everyone talk to your kids about bullying and how this can affect other children, they think its funny and they don't think they are doing much harm but then something like this happens from the hurt and pain they suffer....

RIP Hailey you will be missed

UPDATE.... thanks all for the prayers and support at this saddened time of loss... Hailey was laid to rest yesterday, the services was beautiful and Hailey will be dearly missed, there were so many stories that touched every one's heart. I really appreciate all the warm thoughts. Thank you all....

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Such a beautiful girl :( Im sorry for your loss! May she rest in paradise.
daytonbaby210
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I am so sorry. I had one of my friends and classmates who I graduated with kill herself after graduation.

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I really hate stories like these :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.D-_-
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
This is heartbreaking. And its even more disturbing that on this site some "grown women" bully others relentlessly. Just because we are adults that makes everything ok to pick at someone and stalk them in their personal lives. Its not ok, at all!! You never know what somebody is goung through and your bullying might be the breaking point for the victim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM
There's the typical teasing that kids do and then there's this outright torture that's relentless and drives these kids to suicide. Did your husband ever say if it's an issue of the schools being unable to do anything about it or unwilling?

Quoting zomgkerrie:

</3  hugs for you and your family. My husband used to teach Elementary so we know all too well how cruel kids can be, even at that age. I'm sorry that it had to happen to such a beautiful little girl.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieofII
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I do the same, I have 2 daughter 12 and 9 and I make sure they know it is not ok and also to let me know if they are ever being bullied... It wont be pretty just like you said. My girls are very sensitive and my oldest tends to hold things in which scares me a bit.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's so sad, what a beautiful girl! I do talk to my daughter about bullying all the time. If I ever heard that she was bullying someone, it would not be pretty! If she is ever bullied, it will not be pretty!

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I am soo sorry for your loss. She is such a beautiful girl. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

im so sorry for all her friends and family. i lost a loved one to suicide a little over 2 years ago.....my thoughts and prayers are with the family as they begin there hardest journey. R.I.P sweet girl

Ms.D-_-
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Going*

Quoting Ms.D-_-:

This is heartbreaking. And its even more disturbing that on this site some "grown women" bully others relentlessly. Just because we are adults that makes everything ok to pick at someone and stalk them in their personal lives. Its not ok, at all!! You never know what somebody is goung through and your bullying might be the breaking point for the victim.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittney28
by Brittney on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
That poor girl. So sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)