Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smokers have rights too you know

Posted by   + Show Post
I smoke, maybe a pack a day. So yes, my clothes may reek of smoke. I was sitting next to some bitch and her kid and she actually asked me to move because she could smell the smoke and her kid had asthma!

I did move, but really, the nerve of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
kandie63
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I was there first, she could have moved instead of asking me to.

Quoting Anonymous:

the nerve of you. if your going to allow yourself to smell like cigarettes then don't get mad when some one doesn't want to be near you. ESPECIALLY if her kid has asthma...believe it or not, the world does NOT revolve around you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

the nerve of you. if your going to allow yourself to smell like cigarettes then don't get mad when some one doesn't want to be near you. ESPECIALLY if her kid has asthma...believe it or not, the world does NOT revolve around you.

No. That woman should have moved. The nerve of her. 

Anonymous
6 moms liked this

OR you could just stop polluting everyone else's lungs with your poison.

Anonymous

I would've just moved my kid if I was her

PEEK05
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
5 moms liked this

Who cares? You smell like shit. Would you want to sit next to someone who smelled like shit?

ETA: That being said, I would have just moved myself and my kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Then she should have moved away. 

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Ive smoked before. My child has asthma. Even as a past smoker, a child with asthma cannot be sitting near a smoker. She wasnt doing anything to offend you, she was trying to keep her child healthy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Stop smoking!

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

the fact that you moved, give you no justifaction to vent.. just sayin'

i am an ex smoker.. i could give a shit if you smoke or not, but i i know you, and we are standing together, dont be lighting up in front of my kids.

i dont care if you walk away or say hey i am gonna light up, do you mind, then i would walk the other way with the kids...

but because you actually listened to her, makes you the asshole... sorry...

Ruthzaad
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Nicotine sticks to clothing/skin/hair and can be transferred by contact. If you sat next to my kid I would have moved away from you, especially if they had asthma. It's your choice to smoke but it is her choice what comes near her kid. Sorry but that is my take.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kandie63
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Why couldn't she moved. She sat beside me. The next time Im near someone with a ton if cheap perfume on, I'm going to ask them to move.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Ive smoked before. My child has asthma. Even as a past smoker, a child with asthma cannot be sitting near a smoker. She wasnt doing anything to offend you, she was trying to keep her child healthy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured