Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

smokers have rights too you know

Posted by   + Show Post
I smoke, maybe a pack a day. So yes, my clothes may reek of smoke. I was sitting next to some bitch and her kid and she actually asked me to move because she could smell the smoke and her kid had asthma!

I did move, but really, the nerve of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM
My kids have asthma. One so bad he sees a pulminologist and on adult strength meds. He's never once been triggered by sitting near a smoker.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Ive smoked before. My child has asthma. Even as a past smoker, a child with asthma cannot be sitting near a smoker. She wasnt doing anything to offend you, she was trying to keep her child healthy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Ummm...what rights do you feel you have as a smoker vs a non-smoker?  I don't understand your title.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I smoke to but I have smoke clothes lol. Old pajama pants of my husband that I can put over jeans, and a hoodie, I put the hood on so my hair won't stink (as much)

miss.muffet
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM
The world doesn't revolve around that woman or her child either.

Quoting Anonymous:

the nerve of you. if your going to allow yourself to smell like cigarettes then don't get mad when some one doesn't want to be near you. ESPECIALLY if her kid has asthma...believe it or not, the world does NOT revolve around you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I agree to a point but it depends on who was there. Like, if she was on a bus, it's easier for one person to find a seat than 2, KWIM? Normally I would never ask someone to move, even WITH a kid with asthma. But if it was impossible to find 2 extra seats, I sure would. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Then she should have moved away. 

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Ive smoked before. My child has asthma. Even as a past smoker, a child with asthma cannot be sitting near a smoker. She wasnt doing anything to offend you, she was trying to keep her child healthy. 

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I can't stand the smell of smoke espcially that left over scent it always makes me nauseous BUT I keep it to myself, if I can smell it Ill walk away unless its at work I'll bitch at my guys at work. But out in public or w/ my fam I'll just remove myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyF86
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM

That is pretty rude of her. She should of just moved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have told her to move if I was there first.
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't have moved honestly. She is in charge of her child and his needs. If her child cannot sit next to a smoker she has a responsibility as a parent to move. My kids can't handle over-perfumed people and neither can my husband. I don't walk around demanding they move. I move my kids or suggest my husband move.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Your a jerk for smelling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)