Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smokers have rights too you know

Posted by   + Show Post
I smoke, maybe a pack a day. So yes, my clothes may reek of smoke. I was sitting next to some bitch and her kid and she actually asked me to move because she could smell the smoke and her kid had asthma!

I did move, but really, the nerve of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Ive smoked while my kid has asthma. Not near him, but still, Im sure some third hand smoke plays into it. He's never reacted either, and he is also on adult strength meds. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids have asthma. One so bad he sees a pulminologist and on adult strength meds. He's never once been triggered by sitting near a smoker.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Ive smoked before. My child has asthma. Even as a past smoker, a child with asthma cannot be sitting near a smoker. She wasnt doing anything to offend you, she was trying to keep her child healthy. 

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

LilynAustin
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I can see it both ways. But my mom has asthma...and she would just move. She would never ask someone to move. That being said she has every right to tell someone in her own home to leave if they smell like smoke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
You as one person may have "rights" but my entire family of five does too and we don't want to breathe in your smoke or smell you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I am around people who smell like shit everyday wearing their nasty ass perfumes loaded with chemicals that are pretty harmful as well.

Quoting PEEK05:

Who cares? You smell like shit. Would you want to sit next to someone who smelled like shit?

ETA: That being said, I would have just moved myself and my kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM

That was extremely rude of her.  She should have moved.  What a bitch.

kandie63
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM
We're at the laundry mat, not crowded at all.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I agree to a point but it depends on who was there. Like, if she was on a bus, it's easier for one person to find a seat than 2, KWIM? Normally I would never ask someone to move, even WITH a kid with asthma. But if it was impossible to find 2 extra seats, I sure would. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Then she should have moved away. 

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Ive smoked before. My child has asthma. Even as a past smoker, a child with asthma cannot be sitting near a smoker. She wasnt doing anything to offend you, she was trying to keep her child healthy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM
3 moms liked this

If her daughter has asthma, just the smell of smoke may be enough to trigger it. My cousin is like that, his asthma is sever and he has had asthma attacks just from the smell, that have landed him in the hospital. In smoking you know you are doing something that not only negatively impacts your health, but the health of those around you. Be respectful of that. Just because you are ok with inhaling cancer, doesn't mean thos around you are as well.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I don't like perfumes either. They smell like shit to me too.  I wouldn't want to sit next to someone that smelled like perfume either.  I have gotten up for that, terrible BO, and smoking smells next to me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am around people who smell like shit everyday wearing their nasty ass perfumes loaded with chemicals that are pretty harmful as well.

Quoting PEEK05:

Who cares? You smell like shit. Would you want to sit next to someone who smelled like shit?

ETA: That being said, I would have just moved myself and my kid.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids have asthma. One so bad he sees a pulminologist and on adult strength meds. He's never once been triggered by sitting near a smoker.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

My DH is not triggered my smokers either. Maybe by someone smoking right by him, but not be the smell of smoke on someone. He is triggered more by people who wear too much perfume or other scents. I still don't ask them to move...we move.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Wow. 90% of you women in this thread are cunts. I can bet NONE of you would say anything to a smoker irl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured