Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

smokers have rights too you know

Posted by   + Show Post
I smoke, maybe a pack a day. So yes, my clothes may reek of smoke. I was sitting next to some bitch and her kid and she actually asked me to move because she could smell the smoke and her kid had asthma!

I did move, but really, the nerve of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Replies (431-434):
LiliM
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM

If you want to engage in a bad habit, feel free.

But when your bad habit rubs off on me, in the form of your smoke from smoking wanders to where I am, or your clothes leave that nasty smell on me merely because I sat next to you...yes, I will take action and move.

Having said that, she was pretty damn assy to you, and there was no need for that.  I would have just moved without being a bitch to you.  Some people think their SN kids give them the right to lose all courtesy and basic civility.

Had I been you, confronted with such a nervy woman, I would have told her that we were in an open space, and she and her DD were free to move to wherever was better for them.  And ignored them completely.  SN is no reason to be a rude bitch.

~~JeezuzTitz!  We ain't got time for krazee!!~~

GELiz
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Well, you do have a right to smoke.

I personally have an allergy to smoke and in the presence of it, my throat will actually close up. I try to stay up wind of those who are smoking. And if you are non smoking place then thats the way it is. I stay out of places that allow smoking.

A policeman came inot my house once to speak to me about a deer that was hit, the smoke on his clothes made my throat close up and I hda to leave the room. Finally, he went outside and then I could talk to him once we were not in closed places.

I do find it annoying when the air we share is contaminated by something that makes me choke up. But I am not rude, nor do I ask someone else to move, I move.

Rights are being taken away from everyone for every concievable reason. Please do not vote for poeple who wish to take rights away.

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Really?   The "smell" of tobacco sets off asthma?  Moron.

_Mrs.N_57
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quoting Newmom8912:

Lol seriously??

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)