Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm addicted to

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 6 Replies
Junk food and fast food!!

I seriously just threw a fit in my head because I didn't want to eat the Greek yogurt I wanted to eat the entire (I really will) new bag of Oreos in one sitting. Now I have to hide upstairs until my stomach stops screaming for the Oreos!

Anyone else manage to get off of the junk food and make healthy food your first pick without feeling deprived? I'm about two heartbeats away from going for the Oreos. Healthy food tastes disgusting to me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Bumpity
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM

i just dont make those foods available to me, don't keep them in the house and don't buy them.

maybe once a month ill let myself have a little something but thats it.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I was like that for a little while. You have to have the willpower. Don't even buy it so it won't be in your house.

Syphon
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I'm vegan.  I prefer healthy food.   There are alot of really satisfying recipes out there both savory and sweet.  Forks over Knives is a good cookbook to get started.

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I'm not the one buying it. It's my husband. He refuses to think the kids shouldn't be allowed these things occasionally. I'm really good and the kid have very proportionate amounts that are balanced but I was raised where it was normal to eat ridiculous amounts of junk food. We always would eat mountains of candy and baked goods. I never had a chance to develope the will power needed.

Quoting Anonymous:

i just dont make those foods available to me, don't keep them in the house and don't buy them.

maybe once a month ill let myself have a little something but thats it.

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Vegan is one thing I could never pull off but I commend your ability! I will try that book. You would think I'm being starved because I made myself pick the yogurt. Then my idiotic logic is well if I just eat everything bad in the house then it will be easy to eat healthy when in truth I go nuts until I go to the store and buy what I'm craving

Quoting Syphon:

I'm vegan.  I prefer healthy food.   There are alot of really satisfying recipes out there both savory and sweet.  Forks over Knives is a good cookbook to get started.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN