Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you smoke cigarettes

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you realize how nasty and stinky you surely are? Does your s/o smoke too? If not are they turned off by your smell?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't smoke and I have yet to smell this smell that smokers supposedly have.  Yes, smoking is bad for you and anyone else you decide to smoke around.  All the smokers I've ever known went outside to do it so I have no experience with anyone who will light up around others who don't. 

What I wonder is do the people who whine about this realize how childish and pathetic they sound?  Apparently not so question answered I guess.  I'd love it if this were my biggest problem.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I think it's one of the worst and most digusting smells in the world. Neither of us smoke.

hplesha
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I don't smoke. Df does. I hate the smell and the taste and the yellow walls. He's working on quitting though. He hates it too. Thing is, he's allergic to the nicotine patches :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM

i don't smell...honestly

no one has any idea i smoke (unless they've seen me smoking). when people have found out (like people at my job) they're shocked and the first words out their mouth is "but i never smell it on you"

i also hid it from my SO for the first 2 years we were together

but i'm a very conscience smoker and i only smoke like 5 a day...so that could be why too. i dunno.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM
It is here, as well. However, it isn't illegal to smell like smoke. I agree with not being able to smoke in any public place, I don't like smelling smoke either. Most smokers I know agree with not being able to smoke in public.

I'm just saying, if someone smells like smoke, it isn't that big a deal. You can move away from them, if it bothers you.

Quoting April620:

Actually in my state it is illegal to smoke in public places.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then breathe out of your mouth when you're around smokers? I'm an ex smoker and yes, it does stink but it isn't the end of the world like a lot of people think. A smoker has the right to smoke, just like you have the right not to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I've met non smokers that smell worse than smokers.
Love060708kids
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We smoked.

We quit together back in 2005.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Mine too

Quoting April620:

Actually in my state it is illegal to smoke in public places.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then breathe out of your mouth when you're around smokers? I'm an ex smoker and yes, it does stink but it isn't the end of the world like a lot of people think. A smoker has the right to smoke, just like you have the right not to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I am currently on day 60 of no smoking...  I am happy to be fresh n clean, and saving lots of $$$$$!!!! Addiction sucks, and yes, it is hard to quit, but you can do it ladies if you truely want to! =) 

nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

we both smoke, we both realize how nasty it is, we are both attempting to quit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN