Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

our kids (bully post) sorry for typos

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
2 moms liked this
As parents we need to teach our kids to not bully but to stand up for themselves and others. All these kids committing suicide is just horrible. When I was in school I remember how horrible some kids could be. There was a girl who was very sweet very kind but also very over weight. Kids were so mean to her. She dropped out of school 3 times in one year because of it. I remember walking behind her in the hall and one of the jockey knocking her books from her arms and calling her a nasty fat skank. I remember being so angry I punched him in the mouth. I busted his lip and started yelling at him about how he was being towards someone. I was livid! I never seen another person mess with her again (went to a small town school) let's teach our kids how to not only be nice and not bully but how to stand up for those who need it! Sorry for the typos I'm mobile. And I thought I would let Yall know my sn is fallenstars I just realized I was anon.....must have clicked it by accident
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Once I stood up for myself nobody fucked with me anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Once I stood up for myself nobody fucked with me anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I was always picked on because of my weight, I was over weight....not huge but still overweight.  I was shy and would never stand up for myself, I would come home crying just about everyday.  My jr year of high school I lost a bunch of weight and all of a sudden I had friends.  My Sr year Iost more weight and now eveyone knew my name...they didn't know I was starving myself just to fit in and not be bullied.  I tell my kids that I don't ever want to see them or hear about them bullying someone.  I also tell them to stand up for themselves and not let someone bully them.

maryjmom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree 100%!

A month or so ago, there was a kid in DD's class that was picking on her because she is so tall ( shes 7, and the height of an almost 10 year old ). She said that he was pushing her down, telling her that when he knocked her down that * she was finally regular normal height *. She told me she told the teacher, and the teacher told the kid to stop. He did, for a while, then he started it up again, only this time he wouldn't let her get up before pushing her again. DD told me that she finally got up, and when he went to do it again, she popped him in the head and knocked him down. She said she told him * don't feel too good to be knocked down, does it? * She said the kid left her alone after that.

DD knows not to hit, and not to fight, but if it comes to that, she knows she has my permission to fully defend herself, and IMO, that's what she did.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree...I'm so sick of these parents blame the victims for being too sensitive. Maybe they're a crappy parent for raising someone who needs validation through tormenting others.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you. So glad you stood up to the bully.  I teach my kids not only to never bully but to help anyone if they can. If they can't to get someone who can help and tell a grown up.

addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. Of course it's important to not raise bullies but do most parents try to achieve that anyways? I remember in High School, there was this idiot who loved to pick on anyone who wasn't a part of his group. He had the nicest parents though. They were really involved and friendly to everyone. 

And like I always say, the only person who controls your happiness is YOU. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I disagree with hitting him, although I see the appeal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
It would have never stopped if something drastic wouldn't have been done. Imo I had to take him down to a realistic level. He was a major bully to more than just her. The school wouldn't do anything and it had gone on far too long.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree with hitting him, although I see the appeal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM

It is so sad that children now days are as sensitive and weak as they are. I remember getting bullied mercilessly but I didn't kill myself.

Snot nosed kids saying "oh they hurt my feelings and won't let me in their club! I'll kill myself and point the finger at why I wasn't able to keep my shit together and MAKE something of myself. That will show them!"

Geez.... Yes it's sad, no I don't condone bullying, but people need to toughen up a bit and develop some moral fiber and fortitude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured