Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I'm not embarrassed.

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 395 Replies
14 moms liked this

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17961023/Pray_for_my_baby_final_update 

READ and re-read if you don't get it. The picture I posted in this link is not the same picture my DF posted on FB that upset me. He can post pictures of his son all he wants I just did not want the picture where he has blood and tubes all over him posted. 

Recently my LO had major surgery (refer to my link for more info on that) and we of course took a picture of him after just to have a picture of him with all his tubes and wires. My DF posted the picture on FB and I asked him to take it down. He later asked me if I was embarrassed of our child's current condition. I told him no I was not, I just felt it was not something to publicly display on FB. My dad ended up sharing it before my DF took it down. I explained to him there are about 400 or more people idk who are not close to us seeing that picture. It's a heart breaking picture of an infant in recovery. I told him I have no problem with showing the picture to select people but not the world. Do you agree with my decision to request they both remove the picture. Does it mean anything bad on my part to not want to display it like that?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM
no i wouldnt want that up either...were they asking for prayers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM
14 moms liked this

That is definitely private and not to be shared.

la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I wouldn't want that posted.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
imultracool
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM
I agree with you.
MandaJo111
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM
5 moms liked this

Sharing with select friends and family is one thing.  If you want to share with just them why not make a private group just for friends and family and post there so no one else can see.  I don't know your situation but I pray your little one is doing better.  

angelmj
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Well of course they were, they did not see it as private for some reason. His heart was in the right place, his head was not. I just hate when I see depressing pictures of human suffering maybe I didn't want to have our suffering seen. I made a post on here and did everything I could do to get a prayer from as many people as possible. So its not like people did not know what was going on. I know it was innocent of them but it still made me uncomfortable.

Quoting stickyfingers:

smushy79
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree 100% with you.

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM
for me...if i have a visual it hits me deeper...maybe thats why. i woudnt want a photo of my baby like tha out there either tho.

Quoting angelmj:

Well of course they were, they did not see it as private for some reason. His heart was in the right place, his head was not. I just hate when I see depressing pictures of human suffering maybe I didn't want to have our suffering seen. I made a post on here and did everything I could do to get a prayer from as many people as possible. So its not like people did not know what was going on. I know it was innocent of them but it still made me uncomfortable.

Quoting stickyfingers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I dont think you are wrong. I get that his heart was in the right place but that is not a picture to be posting on FB. Tell him he can post a recovery pic later instead and say thanks for the prayers

angelmj
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM
5 moms liked this
It was heart surgery, and he is having a smooth recovery. His surgery was on Friday and he has already progressed so much. Thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts. (:

Quoting MandaJo111:

Sharing with select friends and family is one thing.  If you want to share with just them why not make a private group just for friends and family and post there so no one else can see.  I don't know your situation but I pray your little one is doing better.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN