Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I'm not embarrassed.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17961023/Pray_for_my_baby_final_update 

READ and re-read if you don't get it. The picture I posted in this link is not the same picture my DF posted on FB that upset me. He can post pictures of his son all he wants I just did not want the picture where he has blood and tubes all over him posted. 

Recently my LO had major surgery (refer to my link for more info on that) and we of course took a picture of him after just to have a picture of him with all his tubes and wires. My DF posted the picture on FB and I asked him to take it down. He later asked me if I was embarrassed of our child's current condition. I told him no I was not, I just felt it was not something to publicly display on FB. My dad ended up sharing it before my DF took it down. I explained to him there are about 400 or more people idk who are not close to us seeing that picture. It's a heart breaking picture of an infant in recovery. I told him I have no problem with showing the picture to select people but not the world. Do you agree with my decision to request they both remove the picture. Does it mean anything bad on my part to not want to display it like that?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I agree and  I would have done the same thing. It is your baby and if you don't want his pain and suffering to be the worlds business than that's your choice. no one has the right to tell you any different, not even df.

Smcclellan7080
by Suzanne on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I know when my husband had his skin cancer surgery, we took pictures. However, those were pictures just for us to have.

HanaJoii
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally I think social networks are over used. People are constantly updating every detail of their life and then wonder why there are so many identity thefts. You are proving psychos with all of the information they need and then some. 

I wouldn't want an intimate picture like that posted on the Internet for the world to see. 

idareyou
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM

You took it to remember, to show your child when he's older so he understands - not for the world to see. You were not wrong in wanted it kept private. I did the same thing with my DD, took pics just for us/her, and didn't share them.

nelliesmommy
by NoTtOdaY:) on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I agree with you. People on fb are ignorant and say some hurtful stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM

When my daughter was in the NICU I would only take pictures of her wrapped up so you couldn't see any of her wires. No one needed to see her with all the wires and tubes but very close family.

aikimomof3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I agree with you OP. I would not want a picture like that of my child possibly floating around the internet.

manda-nicole010
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think you are wrong. I don't think they are wrong either. I think it isn't okay to some people and is to others. 

Snowflower901
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I agree with you. Facebook is over rated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emiliush
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM

DEFFENETLY AGREE WITH YOUR DECISION!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)