Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, I'm not embarrassed.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17961023/Pray_for_my_baby_final_update 

READ and re-read if you don't get it. The picture I posted in this link is not the same picture my DF posted on FB that upset me. He can post pictures of his son all he wants I just did not want the picture where he has blood and tubes all over him posted. 

Recently my LO had major surgery (refer to my link for more info on that) and we of course took a picture of him after just to have a picture of him with all his tubes and wires. My DF posted the picture on FB and I asked him to take it down. He later asked me if I was embarrassed of our child's current condition. I told him no I was not, I just felt it was not something to publicly display on FB. My dad ended up sharing it before my DF took it down. I explained to him there are about 400 or more people idk who are not close to us seeing that picture. It's a heart breaking picture of an infant in recovery. I told him I have no problem with showing the picture to select people but not the world. Do you agree with my decision to request they both remove the picture. Does it mean anything bad on my part to not want to display it like that?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (191-200):
Sigmalade
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM

no you are not wrong. social media can be great but there is a time and place for everything and some pictures are more personal than others. i am having this same problem now with people in my family and it can be frustrating to say the least. my prayers are going up for you and your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I had a preemie. If I did not post pictures of him with tubes and wires, I would have missed his whole first 6 months. What is the problem? 

LuLuThatsWho
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I don't blame you.  Not the right place to share that.

Uggh.  I hate Facebook.

PinkTink001
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I'm not trying to be insensitive, but I don't see the big deal. It was part of the process of healing your son; he didn't mean any harm by it. Like you said, it's his kid too, and he didn't feel it was inappropriate.

HippiePotPie279
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I don't blame you one bit for being upset. Some things just don't need to be cheapened by broadcasting them. I have never understood why anyone would want to publicly display every moe they make in life...but hey..whatever. 

I'm really sorry about your baby. I can't even imagine. Sending you some good vibes and love mama. 

Pollymom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I agree with you...I wouldn't want my baby posted on FB...I'm glad to hear you say he's recovering well.

angelmj
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM
The one I posted on CM and all the ones I posted on FB with DF tagged to them were of ones before the surgery. It's just the one where he is right out of surgery and he is all bloody and the tubes are too kind of. When I saw him like that I broke down, I don't want to share that one picture it's too much for me, personally. He can post all the pictures he wants it is just that one I asked for him to please take down.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

You posted one on Cafemom.

Its his child too, he doens't get a say?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sparkina13
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Bump

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I agree with you.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM

It wouldn't bother me at all if it were posted.  My baby girl was in the NICU and people were very curious about the tubes etc. and what she looked like.  My DH posted a picture of her.  There is a morbid curiosity that people have, it's very natural.  

I think by not sharing it you are making a bigger deal than it is.  There are millions of babies that go through what your sn and my daughter did a million times before.  It's just not a big deal.

I'm glad to hear that your son is recovering smoothly.  Good luck to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured