Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I'm not embarrassed.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17961023/Pray_for_my_baby_final_update 

READ and re-read if you don't get it. The picture I posted in this link is not the same picture my DF posted on FB that upset me. He can post pictures of his son all he wants I just did not want the picture where he has blood and tubes all over him posted. 

Recently my LO had major surgery (refer to my link for more info on that) and we of course took a picture of him after just to have a picture of him with all his tubes and wires. My DF posted the picture on FB and I asked him to take it down. He later asked me if I was embarrassed of our child's current condition. I told him no I was not, I just felt it was not something to publicly display on FB. My dad ended up sharing it before my DF took it down. I explained to him there are about 400 or more people idk who are not close to us seeing that picture. It's a heart breaking picture of an infant in recovery. I told him I have no problem with showing the picture to select people but not the world. Do you agree with my decision to request they both remove the picture. Does it mean anything bad on my part to not want to display it like that?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
blondieinva80
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I agree with you. My ds had open heart surgery in October and I took pictures of him and his surgery sites to show him when he's older,not for everyone else to see
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2wy
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I do agree with your decision but remember some ppl are more open then others are and that's what it seems to me.
CorisMom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I would have to agree with you. It's very personal and not something to discuss with the world.

k1kelley
by Kim on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I agree with you! Hugs and prayers for your lo!!

SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM

No, I would've reacted the same way you did. I have a facebook, and I keep connected to my family through there, but my private life is exactly that. I do not share private details of my life on facebook, only on cafemom... LOL 

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. I hate facebook.

ksueditz
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That is definitely private and not to be shared.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gizmo538
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I completely agree with you!! There are pictures circulating right now on FB with heartbreaking stories behind them that always end with, "If you like this picture FB will donate $1 and if you share FB will donate $2" and most of those pictures you will see end up on snopes.com (along with other fact websites) because they're not true.

People are sick and they'll take that picture and pass it around with some sort of, "This parent abused their kid" or "This kid was hit by a drunk driver" or whatever story they can get to fit the picture.

I don't know why they do it, but people on my friends list are quick to spread this crap around without checking to see if it's true or not.

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I def wouldn't wan to share such and intimate moment with hundreds that i do not know

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

me too .. I don't even have a FB page

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I agree with you. I hate facebook.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)