Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, I'm not embarrassed.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17961023/Pray_for_my_baby_final_update 

READ and re-read if you don't get it. The picture I posted in this link is not the same picture my DF posted on FB that upset me. He can post pictures of his son all he wants I just did not want the picture where he has blood and tubes all over him posted. 

Recently my LO had major surgery (refer to my link for more info on that) and we of course took a picture of him after just to have a picture of him with all his tubes and wires. My DF posted the picture on FB and I asked him to take it down. He later asked me if I was embarrassed of our child's current condition. I told him no I was not, I just felt it was not something to publicly display on FB. My dad ended up sharing it before my DF took it down. I explained to him there are about 400 or more people idk who are not close to us seeing that picture. It's a heart breaking picture of an infant in recovery. I told him I have no problem with showing the picture to select people but not the world. Do you agree with my decision to request they both remove the picture. Does it mean anything bad on my part to not want to display it like that?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (241-250):
COHLimeLight
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I agree, I think it's private.  Im sure that he was just proud of having a child and like you said his heart was in the right place. You are more private, but he is not.  You just have to compromise, or in this case, I think he should have asked first, I know my hubby would have.

Corina1987
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Im sorry your baby and family are going through this. I hope he has a good recovery. I cant imagine how hard this has been for you all. Everyone copes with hard situations differently. It is his child too. I wouldnt have made him take it down if that was his coping method and way to deal with the situation. Im sure lots of people responded to the photo and had an out pouring of kindness. Thats probably exactly what he needed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I agree. That is definitely not something that needs to be shared with 400+ people. 

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I think it was ok to ask your dad. But I dont think it is right to tell your DF to take it down. He has every right to share photos of his own child.

3luvesofmylife
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
You are his mother you never have to apologise for how u feel. If u dnt want it up it shouldn't go up, but do give him a pass on this one. Prayers for your lil one...god bless.
pittsburghnic
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I don't know if u would post it myself, but my Facebook community is that of spiritual faith filled Christians. The photo would have brought great support and prayer from my own community and beyond. I would not feel it necessary to remove, ESP knowing that people were out there praying, including possibally people I don't even know. With that, my prayers are with you and ur child.
Bonnie1937
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Some people are just not sensitive....even those we hope would be.
So sad.
Grammy1754
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Shame on them for not checking with you first.  But, they were acting in the moment, I'm sure, and wanted sympathy and prayers, regardless of what was said.  They were reaching out for comfort.  Men DON'T think about things like we do.  What is done is done,  so I wouldn't commiserate about it building up "support" for "your side."  Let it go and get on with helping your child recover.  Don't sweat the small stuff because believe me, life is too short to be upset over this.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I wouldn't want the picture up either...

abdallah0422
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM
I agree with you ... There are a lot of people that have gaming friends and acquaintances on Facebook and that is a matter shared with those closest to you alone. If it were me I'd feel the same
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured