Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, I'm not embarrassed.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17961023/Pray_for_my_baby_final_update 

READ and re-read if you don't get it. The picture I posted in this link is not the same picture my DF posted on FB that upset me. He can post pictures of his son all he wants I just did not want the picture where he has blood and tubes all over him posted. 

Recently my LO had major surgery (refer to my link for more info on that) and we of course took a picture of him after just to have a picture of him with all his tubes and wires. My DF posted the picture on FB and I asked him to take it down. He later asked me if I was embarrassed of our child's current condition. I told him no I was not, I just felt it was not something to publicly display on FB. My dad ended up sharing it before my DF took it down. I explained to him there are about 400 or more people idk who are not close to us seeing that picture. It's a heart breaking picture of an infant in recovery. I told him I have no problem with showing the picture to select people but not the world. Do you agree with my decision to request they both remove the picture. Does it mean anything bad on my part to not want to display it like that?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (31-40):
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Neither do I. I deleted mine almost a year ago. It's really just better not to know everything about everyone.

Quoting DiANAiVELiSSE:

me too .. I don't even have a FB page

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I agree with you. I hate facebook.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Funfetti.
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I definitely agree with you. Those pictures were private. 

themissheather
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM
I absolutely agree with you. That is not a photo for Facebook. I remember your posts from last week. How is your son doing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I agree with you because that is a private picture that should only be shown to the people you chose to show it to.

VanillaBlondie8
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Your not wrong, my DD was born premature and she had all these tubes and my DH and I decided to not share the pictures with anyone, we have them for memory of the day she was born but we don't share them. Only our immidiate family saw them but that's it. 

Starleet
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I agree with you as well. I wouldn't want people I didn't know seeing it, to me that is personal.

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM
I wouldn't want it shared. It's probably going to become one of those "1 million likes for the doctor to give this boy his heart transplant" type of nonsense posts and you'll have to relive the heartache of seeing your baby like that again in a year or two.
GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I can see it from both sides.  He just want to share his precious baby in recovery.  I have a friend who posts her daughtes premie pictures every year on her daughters birthday.  She does it so share her survival story.

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I probably would have asked my hubby if he was okay with it before I did it.

(((HUGS)))

FindersKeepers
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I am not on Facebook... I think most pictures people post should be kept PRIVATE. 

There are people I don't even like to hang out with anymore because they are constantly taking pictures and posting them on Facebook and Instagram.... one they are annoying to be around because they are not IN the moment and two I was perfectly happy when just wedding, bday, travel pics were shared publicly.  

Your pic sounds like an intimate moment that I can see why you took the pic and why you would not have wanted it posted. 

twinmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:27 AM

My son also had heart surgery so I know where you are coming from. I have shared some one facebook. But none that were graphic. His body has covered.  From another heart mom if you every want talk to send me a message. My son as had two open heart surgeries and one cath. Hopefully he will only need one more surgery. You can ask me anything.  You and your baby will be in my prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured