Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I'm not embarrassed.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17961023/Pray_for_my_baby_final_update 

READ and re-read if you don't get it. The picture I posted in this link is not the same picture my DF posted on FB that upset me. He can post pictures of his son all he wants I just did not want the picture where he has blood and tubes all over him posted. 

Recently my LO had major surgery (refer to my link for more info on that) and we of course took a picture of him after just to have a picture of him with all his tubes and wires. My DF posted the picture on FB and I asked him to take it down. He later asked me if I was embarrassed of our child's current condition. I told him no I was not, I just felt it was not something to publicly display on FB. My dad ended up sharing it before my DF took it down. I explained to him there are about 400 or more people idk who are not close to us seeing that picture. It's a heart breaking picture of an infant in recovery. I told him I have no problem with showing the picture to select people but not the world. Do you agree with my decision to request they both remove the picture. Does it mean anything bad on my part to not want to display it like that?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (351-360):
Bellmont
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I just saw the pics from the 24th. God was with him. He sure is one handsome boy. No, I don't know what you went though, but god does not give us any more then we can handle. Your son is special.

nermall1102
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM
I completely agree with you one billion percent. Im praying for you and ur family
Im praying for ur precious baby to have a full recovery and expedient healing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
portlandblues
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:14 AM

HE SHOULD HAVE ASKED YOU FIRST

dimpho
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:32 AM

I agree with you. i also glad that your son is recovering

Blairmirth
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Lots of love and prayers for his recovery. I think it is an intimate thing and FB is not the place to share it unless you want to. Face book is highly impersonal.

Kinder2684
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:59 AM
I absolutely agree with you! I don't like to post pictures of my child as it is let alone if my baby was going through something as difficult as yours did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:02 AM
I hate when people post pictures of other peoples children, period. I hope your little man is making a good recovery!
monkeytoes72
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I don't think it's bad on your part at all, I would feel the same way.

couturebaby
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I agree with you. Some things are sacred - especially pictures of our children. Social media is soulless. 

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM

is it really that serious? he posted them, you told it pissed you off, its done and over with. i mean really. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)