Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I'm not embarrassed.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17961023/Pray_for_my_baby_final_update 

READ and re-read if you don't get it. The picture I posted in this link is not the same picture my DF posted on FB that upset me. He can post pictures of his son all he wants I just did not want the picture where he has blood and tubes all over him posted. 

Recently my LO had major surgery (refer to my link for more info on that) and we of course took a picture of him after just to have a picture of him with all his tubes and wires. My DF posted the picture on FB and I asked him to take it down. He later asked me if I was embarrassed of our child's current condition. I told him no I was not, I just felt it was not something to publicly display on FB. My dad ended up sharing it before my DF took it down. I explained to him there are about 400 or more people idk who are not close to us seeing that picture. It's a heart breaking picture of an infant in recovery. I told him I have no problem with showing the picture to select people but not the world. Do you agree with my decision to request they both remove the picture. Does it mean anything bad on my part to not want to display it like that?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (361-370):
blackwidow6161
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM

100 %....

i pray your little-one is well & vibrantly exuding joy amongst your world    :)
 lisa ~

Quoting smushy79:

I agree 100% with you.

CandyBram
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I'd have done the same thing you did. 

yisel_montero
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM

i think it doesn't matter what type of picture it is, if you as the mother do not want ur baby's picture shared in a  public site then your wishes should be respected, it both of your decisions not just his or yours.

meteomom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM

My twins were hooked up to all kinds of wires and monitors when they ere in the NICU after being born prematurely. I haven't shared those pictures with anyone but family, but they are important to me because they are their newborn pictures. I don't think you were wrong to not want that out there for everyone to see.

Necie72
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I agree with you.  I guess since you posted the one they didn't think anything would be wrong with posting the other...  This is an example of people needing to discuss photo posting before doing it, even if it's between parents...

Bonneata
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
No, it means you understand everything is not ment for public shareing. Personnel ly I hate seeing pics like this on Facebook.
Deryni28
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I think it depends. If he was asking for prayers and thoughts I see no problem in posting. To be honest I see no problem at all. It's a pic of his son he felt like sharing. Most people would just say aww poor guy and either say a prayer or do whatever it is they do to give good vibes. I would just ask that if my husband or boyfriend posted it to put an explination with it. You can always pick who sees the pictures and make it to where people have to ask to share your picture.

saumlei
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I agree with you the picture should not be posted on the internet.

BellaByrdie
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I both agree and disagree. I wouldn't want that type of pic shared but it is his child too. And your father could have made it so that only select people can see the picture. But that is his son too. And while its good that he respects your wishes. I wonder did you talk to him about why he put it up there in the first place. He has the right to share his journey with his child just like you do. And dictating that he can't post something should also give him veto powers on the pics you post of him too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelmj
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM
He could have said no if he wanted to. I never demanded it be taken down I just asked. And he does have the power to say what he finds okay and not okay to post. I have taken things down -mostly pictures of him- at his request.

Quoting BellaByrdie:

I both agree and disagree. I wouldn't want that type of pic shared but it is his child too. And your father could have made it so that only select people can see the picture. But that is his son too. And while its good that he respects your wishes. I wonder did you talk to him about why he put it up there in the first place. He has the right to share his journey with his child just like you do. And dictating that he can't post something should also give him veto powers on the pics you post of him too.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)