Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I'm not embarrassed.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17961023/Pray_for_my_baby_final_update 

READ and re-read if you don't get it. The picture I posted in this link is not the same picture my DF posted on FB that upset me. He can post pictures of his son all he wants I just did not want the picture where he has blood and tubes all over him posted. 

Recently my LO had major surgery (refer to my link for more info on that) and we of course took a picture of him after just to have a picture of him with all his tubes and wires. My DF posted the picture on FB and I asked him to take it down. He later asked me if I was embarrassed of our child's current condition. I told him no I was not, I just felt it was not something to publicly display on FB. My dad ended up sharing it before my DF took it down. I explained to him there are about 400 or more people idk who are not close to us seeing that picture. It's a heart breaking picture of an infant in recovery. I told him I have no problem with showing the picture to select people but not the world. Do you agree with my decision to request they both remove the picture. Does it mean anything bad on my part to not want to display it like that?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (41-50):
Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I know I certainly would not want a picture of myself in recovery shared with the world, so why would I want one of my child in that same position shared?

MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Agree. 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:35 AM

somethings are for everyone, others -like in your case- are for family and friends

tristahope
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I agree with you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I am the minority here but I see nothing wrong with it. My baby only had a 50% chance of survival when he was born. Obviously we took pictures and yes, we shared them on Facebook. Very few people knew how sick he would be when he was born so I think the pictures said a lot of things we couldn't say.
Jasuzha
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you. I don't even like other people posting pictures of my son when he's well. I don't know the people they're friends with.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I wouldn't have minded but my FB is only for family and friends. They are also aware that I don't want any of my kids photos shared or put in public albums
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I just want to offer hugs! :) Sending positive vibes to you and your son!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelmj
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM

If  someone wants to do that I have nothing against them, I just am not that willing to. I was not mad at him for posting it I just felt it should be private. I am just one person who feels that way I would always respect the choice to share. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am the minority here but I see nothing wrong with it. My baby only had a 50% chance of survival when he was born. Obviously we took pictures and yes, we shared them on Facebook. Very few people knew how sick he would be when he was born so I think the pictures said a lot of things we couldn't say.

catholicmamamia
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I agree with you, completely.. sending love and prayers for his recovery!

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)