Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Yes I'm 19 with a 5 month old daughter
NO that does not mean I'm a bad mother
NO that does NOT mean I am on PA or FS
NO that does NOT mean I go out and party!

I am a sahm I love my daughter and would die for her I would do anything to keep her safe and happy I would do anything for her! Don't you DARE tell me I'm a bad mom because I know damn well I'm NOT a bad mom. She is my life! I don't even hang out with friends any more and I only talk to my friends with kids. Don't judge me when u don't even know me!

Vent over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
i know how you feel i had a baby at 16 and people still think because i am a young mom that Rylee and my other 2 would be better off if I was older. But my kids are amazingly happy children. All that matters is that you know the truth and the people closest to you know the truth :) Rylee is now 5 it doesn't ever get better if it's not one thing it's another
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

A lot of people judge mothers who are real young...but I have seen some young mothers your age who are wonderful mothers and some who are my age who are just awful!! Keep up the good work!

pbjtime87
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Yeah, I second the "get a thicker skin" I was 19 too and I didn't take the time to respond to other people's nonsense... I didn't have to prove or vocalize my priorities and how mature I was... I just worked my ass off, asked for help when it was necessary and went on with my life...
3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Seriously are you trying to convince us or you?
If you got it so together what do you care what anyone else is thinking?
This post makes me sound young and immature.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Dont allow anyone else to make you feel like this. You dont have to defend yourself to anyone.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I think she just needed to vent, so she probably already feels better and doesn't need a cookie. :) I wish I had something like Cafemom to yell into when I was a new mom. I looked really young, though I was married and no longer a teenager. I got tons of unsolicited advice and criticisms from strangers. Now that I'm ten years older and have my third baby, I hear none of that. Probably because these crazy kids gave me wrinkles and now I look like an old lady. :)

Quoting Drochmheas:

OK.

Do you want a cookie?

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM

You should expect things like that being a young mother. My best friend was pregnant throughout our senior year in high school, so she was 18 when her baby was born. He's now 7 years old and she has been one of THE best mothers I have ever known in my life. You shouldn't let it bother you so badly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM

It doesn't look like she was asking for praise. It looks like she was venting. Hence it saying "Vent over" at the end. I'm sure she feels better and the next time someone comes up to her in the park and says, "That baby's too young for the baby swing! Does her mother know you're letting her swing like that?" she can just smile and say "She's five months old, and sitting unassisted, and I'm her mom, so yes, I know I allow her to swing at the park. But thank you sooo much for your concern!"

Quoting Anonymous:
People aren't supposed to praise you for being a decent mom that's what you're supposed to do.
Justine1993
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I don't need to convince anyone I wanted to vent. Excuse the fuck out of me for needing to vent

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

Seriously are you trying to convince us or you?

If you got it so together what do you care what anyone else is thinking?

This post makes me sound young and immature.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Uh ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)