Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a weird last name?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Feel free to go anon for this, if you don't want your last name out there.

I have a weird last name. I wish I didn't, because I ALWAYS have to spell it for people. And since it has letters that sound like other letters, like D and T and M I have to say "D, as in dog, T as in Turtle, M as in Mary". And people STILL butcher it! I hate it. I wish I could be a Smith or a Johnson...something that I wouldn't constantly have to spell out.

My last name? Ditmars. I'm willing to bet that not a single one of you share my last name. :) And there is not another person in this world that has the same first name/last name combination as me. At least not that I've found. So I guess that's at least one good thing - it's unique!

OMG!!! This is a featured post?!?! I've never had one of those - how cool!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 86 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Barberian. My DH's grandfather was a barber when he moved to the states from armenia he put on the ian because thats just what I guess is the proper thing to do. You can tell all armenian names because of the ian. 

Keep the conan jokes to yourself please. If I knew that you could change both husband and wives last name at the time of filling out marriage certificate I would have had it changed back to Barber. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 87 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Very simple but many mispellings from others - Nixon.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

My maiden name and married name are both uncommon, however, I prefer my married last name. I love it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Thats weird bc i was born in san diego too! Lol

Quoting michellemaguire:

Idk either. I've only seen it once or twice. We live in Las Vegas and he was born in San Diego.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Lol idk if its common. The only other barnharts i know are family here in ohio

Quoting michellemaguire:

That's my brother's last name!

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk if its unique but my last name is Barnhart. People always want to spell it bernheart lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 88 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Mine rhymes with whiplash. I get a fair amount of people when i say it they go "Whiplash?" no. and then i have to spell it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 89 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I have an irish name. Mcelligott
Anonymous
by Anonymous 90 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Phuk. Pronounced  "fuck"...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 91 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Weathers. I told dh i would never change my last but im going to surprise hime for our anniversary. He wants me to have his name really bad.
Maxwell after i change it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 92 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

My married last name is weird. It is only four letters long, but people always mispronounce it. Always. It is Norwegian.

In the phone book, the only people who share my last name are related to my husband.

It is a good way to screen for telemarketers though. Anyone who asks for the mispronounced version is told that we aren't home. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 93 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM
My last name is Kelly.. when I get married it will be Palmieri...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN