Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a weird last name?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Feel free to go anon for this, if you don't want your last name out there.

I have a weird last name. I wish I didn't, because I ALWAYS have to spell it for people. And since it has letters that sound like other letters, like D and T and M I have to say "D, as in dog, T as in Turtle, M as in Mary". And people STILL butcher it! I hate it. I wish I could be a Smith or a Johnson...something that I wouldn't constantly have to spell out.

My last name? Ditmars. I'm willing to bet that not a single one of you share my last name. :) And there is not another person in this world that has the same first name/last name combination as me. At least not that I've found. So I guess that's at least one good thing - it's unique!

OMG!!! This is a featured post?!?! I've never had one of those - how cool!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Replies (861-870):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 384 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:31 AM
My maiden name was Victour. People either try to ryhme it with sour or turn it to or so it was Victor. I like my last name now that I am married
Mommy2b2172013
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Mine is MacCausland people spell it Mccausland or macclousland its so annoying
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 386 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Wine. My last name is Wine.

hootowl21
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Huh

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Um I think the joke is supposed to be like whitehead pimple not a white person with a head. That's not called a whitehead

Quoting hootowl21:

I used to have a math teacher named mr. Whitehead. He was white and bald. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Striano. I love it. My boyfriend's is whitehead. Terrible!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 387 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I actually used to work with a "ditmars". 

madskytwins
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:53 AM

my last name is sewell no-one says it right I get people saying stool and I'm like no not shit!!

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Mine is long, but I wouldn't call it weird, and it's spelled how it sounds, so not to bad.

HezekiahsMom07
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Because ... that's how it's spelled. 'Qu' makes a cw sound. Quack, queen.... it just makes sense to an American.

I would pronounce it like 'pah-kin,' but I can kinda recognize an American name vs something else...

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine is Paquin. People always pronounce it Pacwin. There is no C in the name... So I don't get it? lolĀ 

bnkirk24
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM

My maiden name was Benway. I absolutely hated it especially when I was in school. For some weird reason no one could spell it right and I would get called Bengay and "how long have you ben gay" crap like that. it was so annoying. so glad my last name changed.

Reese61
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I am married but didn't even consider taking my husbands last name....WINTERMANTEL.....I am a Bryant....Nd I still have to repeat Bryant and usually end up having to spell it.  But it is a lot better than Wintermantel!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)