Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a weird last name?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Feel free to go anon for this, if you don't want your last name out there.

I have a weird last name. I wish I didn't, because I ALWAYS have to spell it for people. And since it has letters that sound like other letters, like D and T and M I have to say "D, as in dog, T as in Turtle, M as in Mary". And people STILL butcher it! I hate it. I wish I could be a Smith or a Johnson...something that I wouldn't constantly have to spell out.

My last name? Ditmars. I'm willing to bet that not a single one of you share my last name. :) And there is not another person in this world that has the same first name/last name combination as me. At least not that I've found. So I guess that's at least one good thing - it's unique!

OMG!!! This is a featured post?!?! I've never had one of those - how cool!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Replies (971-980):
hippiecrit
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM

My maiden name was Hilson. People would always ask, "like the hotel?" I said HILSON not HILTON.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM

My maiden name was very very Irish and people were constantly mispronouncing it, although it was pronouced exactly as it was spelled.  People also used to put Mc in front of it randomly and that drove me crazy!  My married name is one syllable, four letters, and very bland.  And people mispronounce it even more than they did my long Irish name.

HBrad3398
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:05 AM

My maiden name is Lovelady

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Maiden name was smith. I hated it. Now I have a weird last name..Cockrell. I always always have to spell it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Nope it's Rose

Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I do now but I won't soon.

NiCo86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:12 AM

my last name is Coffey. I always spell it out for people, and yet they still spell it coffee lol I think it's funny when people pronounce it koff-ay LOL

ShaniahsMama
by Asian persuasion on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:12 AM
My maiden isn't English. It's Thai so people butchered it a lot. And it doesn't help when it's 10 got damn letters long. Lol

My marriage name is Jackson. And no, I'm not related to any famous Jackson's. unless there's a famous Asian Jackson. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Nope. It's Sutherland. I love it.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Nope. My maiden name... You don't have to be a private investigator to clearly see what THAT is hahaha isn't common but its not "out there" either.. Although a lot of people like to change the last letter from an "s" to an "r" ... That gets annoying. I hyphenated my married name.. And my dh's last name is like.. Number 1 or 2 most popular last name... I hate it. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured