Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when did you meet your DH, SO, BF ETC

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 42 Replies
Parents? How many weeks, months or years did it take for you to meet your partners parents?

I met my inlaws in a month & every since I've loved them. My MIL is like my bff (SERIOUSLY) and my FIL treats me like his own as well. I love them to death. When I met them I was so scared & shy but they were happy to finally meet me lol! God I love them.

Let's hear your story?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I met my ex husbands parents about 2 months after dating.  They liked me and we got along through our whole marriage and my MIL still treats me like family.  The guy I am dating now lost both of his parents to cancer so sadly, I wont get to meet them.  But his extended family is very close and I look forward to meeting them soon (we have been together 2 months). 

BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I met my inlaws before DH and I were even dating.  

AmberMerrell
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM
My dh's dad passed away before dh & I met, but I met his mom within a few weeks as she was the choir director at the church we were attending.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Sorry to hear that and that's nice that his extended family is nice :) good luck meeting your BF family soon :)

Quoting Stephd710:

I met my ex husbands parents about 2 months after dating.  They liked me and we got along through our whole marriage and my MIL still treats me like family.  The guy I am dating now lost both of his parents to cancer so sadly, I wont get to meet them.  But his extended family is very close and I look forward to meeting them soon (we have been together 2 months). 

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Bump
Snowflower901
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM
About 7_8 mos. we did the long distance thing for about 7 months, I was a baby though only 15! And our parents met and agreed I can move 8hrs away to live with him.. Craaaazy huh.. It's been 14 years and 3 kids lol ddnt have dd til I was 17 4 months shy of my 18th bday...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexeesMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I met BFs brothers and sisters about 2 months after we met. His parents are deceased!

shylynn22
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I have never meet them or talked to them. Dh tells them about me, and he tells me about them, but never talked yet. I have meet his grandparents.
lilfishbigocean
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I met my DH's mom and dad after about a month..
I wish I had time to get to know my FIL better, because he died about 3 months later.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I met my inlaws about 4 months into dating, she met my mom about a month into it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)