Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when did you meet your DH, SO, BF ETC

Parents? How many weeks, months or years did it take for you to meet your partners parents?

I met my inlaws in a month & every since I've loved them. My MIL is like my bff (SERIOUSLY) and my FIL treats me like his own as well. I love them to death. When I met them I was so scared & shy but they were happy to finally meet me lol! God I love them.

Let's hear your story?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM
A few weeks after dating.
MommieSDW
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I met my husband's family before my husband I were dating. My FIL passed away in 2007 before our first child together was born, I never had the chance to meet him :( My inlaws are seriously the coolest people in the whole work. My brother in laws are bad ass, my sister in law is super chill and my mother in law is awesome. She is an amazing woman. 

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I met my inlaws the night we went on our first date. We stopped at his house before he took me home, he wasn't expecting them to be home though, lol. My husband met my dad long before he met me. They worked together for 3 years before I met him. He didn't meet my mom until our first date though, when he picked me up.

mydarlingsofia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I met his dad and stepmom about 2 months after we started dating and his mom and stepdad 11 months after (they live in OR, we're in AZ). We told mil and sfil that I was pregnant the same day I met them lol. I have a great relationship with all of them. They all think of me as their daughter. I talk to smil about things way more than my own mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HanaJoii
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I met hubbies parents before we started dating. I actually tried to hide from them when we did start dating. 

Love060708kids
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I met them while we were just friends.

They loved me and still do.  We're going on 10 years of marriage :)

Smcclellan7080
by Suzanne on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Met my husband Nov 3, 2003. Met his dad and stepmom around the same time. Met his mom a few months later. Married Nov 23, 2004.

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I met them first. 

I was doing a missions trip with my youth group when I was 14. We had not raised enough money to stay in a hotel. So we stayed with different families from the church we were helping out. I stayed with his family.

..prettyinink..
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM
We were neighbors most of our childhood.. Our parents already knew each other. Cause they grew up neighbors to lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Me and my DH met and married within 28 days.  He proposed to me like 4-7 days after meeting me.  That following weekend he met my mom and dad.

We got married and moved down to VA.  I met his mom about a month after that.

The first time she came to our house was to watch my son who was 7 at the time, on NYE.  I was 5 months pregnant.  Well, we came home around 1am.  The crazy bitch was in our (big jacucci tub) taking a bath with her dog IN there with her.  I was so pissed.  My son was downstairs eating king sized candy bars at 1am. 

Grrr!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)