Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when did you meet your DH, SO, BF ETC

Parents? How many weeks, months or years did it take for you to meet your partners parents?

I met my inlaws in a month & every since I've loved them. My MIL is like my bff (SERIOUSLY) and my FIL treats me like his own as well. I love them to death. When I met them I was so scared & shy but they were happy to finally meet me lol! God I love them.

Let's hear your story?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
babygomez
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Like a week after SO & I became a couple. We were 14 & 16 years old at the time. A little over 16 years ago. :)

Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I've known my husband since 6th grade so I've known his parents since then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Within the first few days. We have been best friends since we were 11. :)

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM

me and dh have been together since June 2009.  he moved to my state oct 2009. i met my MIL this past summer 2012 and i cant stand her and she dont like me. lol 

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM

My SO's dad passed away when he was young. I met his mother after we dated for about 2 years. He met mine long before that.

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM

i have known my DH my whole life, he grew up 9 houses from me so.... i knew his parents adn sister too! was even bff with his sister for a year there and his sister and my sister were good friends off and on too. His mom used to knock on my door to complain about what a bad kid i was starting when i was about 4 or 5-lol. she used to steal my toys... the whole 9yards. we used to call her the witch. she cheated on his dad and left when DH was almost 10 and i was 7-8. I remember the day she left and i was there when his dad told him that she wasnt coming back. i was petrified the 1st time i had to see her after we got together because i was so scared of her as kid.

LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Well I knew my s/o since HS so I meet his parent a very long time ago. And they adore me. His father did the first dance with me at out baby shower, and I think his mom loves me more than him hahha no but really we are extremely close. She is my only female friend.
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I met my SO's parents pretty quickly..we started dating towards the end of October, so the holidays came right away and we met each other's families then...I really liked both of his parents, and mine really like him too....so far, so good! 

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM
?

Do you guys stay near his parents?

Quoting shylynn22:

I have never meet them or talked to them. Dh tells them about me, and he tells me about them, but never talked yet. I have meet his grandparents.
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I met my in laws after being with my hubby for 4 years. We'd already had a child together! hahahaha! Let me explain, my husband is from Nicaragua, and he left to the states when he was 17. His parents stayed here. He left for 3 months, just to visit and see what it was like, and then was supposed to come back. He just never came back home. He was deported after 4 years of being over there, and I came after him with our daughter. 

I loved my in laws right off the bat, and they loved me. They were extremely worried about my husband and how he would treat me (he is very rough around the edges) But my MIL saw real quickly that I was a no nonsense kind of chick, and told me to whoop her sons ass if it was needed. She'd be there to make sure he didn't slip up and hit me... Mind you, he's never even attempted to hit me, but I guess they thought he was a rougher more out of control guy.  

I lived in her house for about 2 years before we were able to buy our own house, in those two years, if my husband said something that she thought was out of line to me, she'd tell him that he could always leave if that's what he wanted, but that I wasn't going anywhere. He knows his mom has my back, and it puts the biggest grin on his face! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)