Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you meet your DH, SO, BF ETC

Parents? How many weeks, months or years did it take for you to meet your partners parents?

I met my inlaws in a month & every since I've loved them. My MIL is like my bff (SERIOUSLY) and my FIL treats me like his own as well. I love them to death. When I met them I was so scared & shy but they were happy to finally meet me lol! God I love them.

Let's hear your story?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
meangreen18
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM

i met my DH's dad about half way through my first pregnancy, met his mother the day after i delivered our first. never really knew anything about them before that. he doesn't seem close to either of them. not a big fan, but have to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM

i knew my dh's parents before we even dated ( we were roommates) his mom is talks ALOT and his step dad is just there, now that shes my mil nothings changed, we get along great, his family is a lot to take in at first but i got used to it, they've actually help me be more outgoing lol

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Exactly a month after our first date, we stayed at their house for Christmas. It was a 10 hour drive away.
shylynn22
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM
They live in another country. I have meet his brother also. But eventually I think I will meet them or atleast talk to them

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

?

Do you guys stay near his parents?

Quoting shylynn22:

I have never meet them or talked to them. Dh tells them about me, and he tells me about them, but never talked yet. I have meet his grandparents.
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Bump
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I met my bf's parents a month or sI after meeting him.

Now my xh... I didn't meet his parents till our son was almost 4 months old.... he barely even talked to his parents untIll he told them I was pregnant and we met the first chance they had to come visit.
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I we met on Jan 25....introduced me to his parents on feb 15, our first date. We were in high school
MrsMedina90
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM
3-6 months into dating I met his mom but his dad passed 4 years before we met.
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM

umm .. it was about 3-4 months into our rleationship... but I love my mil and sil.. (Df has no contact with his FIL and hasn't for 10 years)

loving_my2boys
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I haven't met his parents. He's stationed here in North Carolina they live up in Oregon. He doesn't like his mom or his step mom but he does still have some contact with his dad... I don't know if I'll ever meet them. maybe if we visit Oregon at any point
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured