Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cant believe im doing this....

When I first joined cafemom I thought abortion was murder. But after seeing so many stories I've read I have come to see how ignorant that is. While I am now prochoice and I have a better more mature outlook on it, I am still saddened to of a case of abortion. I do not pass judgement, I wanna make that clear. I does still make me sad though.
That being said, I am seeing the trend in this topic today. I wanted to say something. Start a bit of a relaxed discussion (hopeful I know) and I feel like posting in the other posts my words are drowned out. So....
I wanna know when you think a fetus is a baby. I read an argument that had me thinking. Some women
believe it is a life at conception.
Some believe it is a life and a baby when it is viable to live outside the womb. Everyone has a difference of opinion and I respect each of your opinions on the matter. I am simply curious as to what you ladies believe and why you believe it.
the thought just hit me that maybe it's a life when there is a heartbeat. Maybe regardless If it can live on its own or not. It still has a heart right? Which gives life. And in persona already born, as long as there is a heartbeat there is life. I'm wondering about babies or fetuses if you prefer, that are birthed sleeping. Would you consider that a baby? If it has no heartbeat? What about people on life support? They are in need of support to continue their life, much like a fetus. I'm still pondering in it... what are your thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Replies (41-50):
Babujai
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Foo.  I believe that life begins at conception, but because it's a belief, not a scientific fact, I don't believe I can force others to act according to that belief.  I'm personally pro-life, but politically pro-choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM

They did.  Made front page news last week.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Oh my God.

Quoting Anonymous:

A catholic hospital said that miscarried fetuses were not babies and their practice was to burn them in the incinerator as bio waste.

Quoting ruggy03:

I never believed in abortion until we started seeing all these news stories about babies and infants and toddlers being abused,killed,burnt.....then I thought really go thru a whole unwanted pregnancy just to wait until its a month old to kill it..uhm...Then my heart started breaking thinking about a baby who would recognize its parent or whomever the person was who decided to do horrible things to it.wouldnt it have been better off never seeing the light of day?my opinion only and i think at 18 weeks if you miscarry you have to consider a burial in Florida,so maybe each state has there own laws on when its a baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I believe it is a baby from conception. I am strongly against abortion.

mommy2twoboys46
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:43 PM

When it can live without the mother, even if it requires medical intervention.

BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:43 PM
That is not what you said. That's why I asked.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is not what I said.  I said that if you look at the strict scientific definition of a parasite, a fetus would meet the criteria.  Look it up.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Science decrees a fetus a parasite?

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe life begins when a viable baby takes it's first breath.  Before it is viable it fits the strict scientific definition of a parasite.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM

For myself, I believe a baby is a life once it is conceived. I would never get an abortion no matter what my circumstances and would do everything I could to support that life. That doesn't mean I judge those who get them. Just like my decisions are nobody's business, their decisions are not mine.

BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM
That is so very sad. I'd still want to have a funeral. A fetus/baby whatever is not biowaste.

Quoting Anonymous:

They did.  Made front page news last week.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Oh my God.

Quoting Anonymous:

A catholic hospital said that miscarried fetuses were not babies and their practice was to burn them in the incinerator as bio waste.

Quoting ruggy03:

I never believed in abortion until we started seeing all these news stories about babies and infants and toddlers being abused,killed,burnt.....then I thought really go thru a whole unwanted pregnancy just to wait until its a month old to kill it..uhm...Then my heart started breaking thinking about a baby who would recognize its parent or whomever the person was who decided to do horrible things to it.wouldnt it have been better off never seeing the light of day?my opinion only and i think at 18 weeks if you miscarry you have to consider a burial in Florida,so maybe each state has there own laws on when its a baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM
See, that's what I mean. Something should be done in cases like that. Why shouldn't something be set up to where questions can be asked, intervention be taken when a woman has had 5, 6, 7 plus abortions. Maybe that woman should be receiving some counseling or something. But just telling her "your body, your choice" isn't fair to her or those babies.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I can for sure agree with that.

I know a woman who got pregnant 6-7 times because she wanted a baby bit every time her bf said no she just went down to the clinic and aborted. That's beyond wrong IMO. And not to mention very dangerous to her as well.

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

I think only if the moms life is in danger. I think abortion term limits should be much lower. 24 weeks, you're talking about a fully formed, feeling baby. Just because it may not survive outside of the womb, doesn't mean it's dead. We can't survive without our atmosphere, so does that mean we're not alive??

I don't necessarily believe in outlawing abortion all together, but I believe abortion is way too easy to get and the community as a whole is very cold and cruel to the whole thing, calling an unborn baby just a bunch of cells, a blood sucking parasite, a bag of undeveloped bones. I mean....whether you feell you have the right to end its life or not, you need to acknowledge what it is. A growing human.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Do you consider all abortion to be wrong? Or do you see it as a case by case?

I am prochoice, as I said but I still don't like the idea of abortion. Especially when used as a form of birth control. Without abortion there would be a lot of women trying to abort on their own, for one reason or another and that is so very dangerous. Its an evil but its a necessary evil.

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

Life at conception. Abortion is wrong.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sktrowb
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM
I think it's a life from conception and abortion kills that life... To me it's just like killing a "living breathing" child for lack of better discription
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
You see. To me, that's wrong on so many levels. Yes, a fetus depends on it's mother for life, but calling it a pparasite, IMO, is wrong and just makes aborting that baby as easy as throwing your trash out at night.

If you want to abort, that's your choice. But acknowledge what you're doing. Stopping the growth of a human life.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

That is not what you said. That's why I asked.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is not what I said.  I said that if you look at the strict scientific definition of a parasite, a fetus would meet the criteria.  Look it up.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Science decrees a fetus a parasite?

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe life begins when a viable baby takes it's first breath.  Before it is viable it fits the strict scientific definition of a parasite.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured