Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sitting in er...update!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
My 21 month old spiked a 106.1 fever. Took him in this morning for 104 fever and he has a ear infection 3 hours after I gave him motrin he spiked 106.1... I of course dosed him with tylonal right away but now I'm shaking so much. Mt kids are proned to high fevers but 106.1 in my 1 year old doesn't sit well with me. Say a prayer if you believe in that sort of stuff.

Update: well around 6 while waiting in the waiting room his fever spiked back up to 106. I had taken my thermometer in case er was busy so I could keep an eye on his fever. They of course rushed us back. The Dr did a flu/rsv test which was negative. We stayed till 9:30pm the Dr wanted to make sure his fever went down. They ended up giving him an antibiotic shot to help with his little ear infection. The Dr said it was a sinus infection, virus and slight ear infection. We haven't had any more 106 fevers and the Dr had me change up how I was giving tylenol and motrin to rotating them every 3 hours instead of every 4. He is doing much better today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
livric
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

hope your LO is ok and gets better soon!!!

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM
prayers and hugs ur way momma
sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

oh no, sending you good thoughts - I hate when my kids run hot like that - the first time my son had 105 (my dd never got higher than 102) - I nearly died.  so scary - I could feel the heat radiating from his body before I even picked him up

lilfishbigocean
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

That really sucks.. I hope your LO feels better soon!

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Thanks ladies. His temp is down to 99.6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beachbabies6
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Prayers

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Yikes. Glad he is better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Cool! My son was almost 1 and did the same thing, he had a fever of 101.8 under arm temp, we where gonna wait  for his appointment, but we took him to the er that night, ear infection and we did not know it, but also roseola, he had a fever for 5 days and then broke out in a rash after the fever broke

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured