Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband has decided this is cheating...ETA *edited again!*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm playing a lead in a community theater production (Sophie in 'Mamma Mia'). Things have been going really well, and I've been having a lot of fun.

On Sunday we had a dress rehearsal, and our families were invited to watch. After the show my husband seemed out of sorts, so I asked him what was wrong. Turns out he's all pissy because I have to kiss a guy a couple times as part of the show. Really? He says he didn't know I would be kissing anyone, or he wouldn't have been ok with me being in the show in the first place. He also says he doesn't want our friends and family to come, cuz he's embarrassed for them to watch me 'cheat' on him.

I think he's blowing this way way way way out of proportion. What do you ladies think?

ETA: I didn't bother to bring it up to him because I assumed he would realize it himself, having seen the live show and the movie before.

Edit #2: okay, so we talked. He said that he sees now that he overreacted, and I said I understand why he felt the way he did, and I would make sure to discuss these things with him next time. He understands now that it means nothing. Part of the reason I was so upset was it seemed like he couldn't trust me to be faithful over one stupid kiss, but now we both know how the other feels. Thank you everyone for (mostly) being supportive and letting me vent!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (171-173):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I really could careless what u think about me. Hell u do not know me & I do not know u. I was not making assumptions. I did not say ur entire relationship was bad. I was talking strictly about this situation. I really to be honest don't give a shit about anyone else's relationship but my own... We just have different opinions on relationships & if ur husband is fine with it and so are you that is really all that matters.
But I will say that I would not be asking people about my relationship and such if I could not handle others opinions.

Thanks lady & I hope u enjoy the rest of ur night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM

IMO its not cheating but it feels the same. If my dh didn't give me a heads up and I went and saw that in front of everyone I'd feel upset and betrayed bc I wasn't told. Don't assume he thought of the kiss bc he saw it.. Men don't think of the romance scenes like we do..

Also I'm sorry if it's mean but this is community acting you're not a movie star so it would seem trivial to me  then if this was a big real acting gig.. I know it's the best you have for now but still..

Lso yes it's acting and the feelings might be fake.. But the kiss,the act of your lips on the other dudes mouth is real you can't fake a kiss  dh and I would 1st of all always discuss these situations and prepare them and respect their boundaries.. And also neither of us would want the other to kiss anyone acting or not.. He is. My dh snd his lips snd kiss are mine he fees the same.

Its not immature it's just our perspective o e aren't ok with it maybe you are.. Maybe he isn't that's ok but you need to put you husbands feelings 1st. Don't make him feel silly or immature for feeling uncomfortable.. He has the right to feel that way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM
hmm, well i can understand how it would bother him, though i don't know if i would classify it as cheating. it is something i certainly wouldn't be comfortable knowing my dh did.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's open mouthed, but no tongues. It's just for show...

Quoting Anonymous:

is it french kissing or just a peck?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)