Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband has decided this is cheating...ETA *edited again!*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm playing a lead in a community theater production (Sophie in 'Mamma Mia'). Things have been going really well, and I've been having a lot of fun.

On Sunday we had a dress rehearsal, and our families were invited to watch. After the show my husband seemed out of sorts, so I asked him what was wrong. Turns out he's all pissy because I have to kiss a guy a couple times as part of the show. Really? He says he didn't know I would be kissing anyone, or he wouldn't have been ok with me being in the show in the first place. He also says he doesn't want our friends and family to come, cuz he's embarrassed for them to watch me 'cheat' on him.

I think he's blowing this way way way way out of proportion. What do you ladies think?

ETA: I didn't bother to bring it up to him because I assumed he would realize it himself, having seen the live show and the movie before.

Edit #2: okay, so we talked. He said that he sees now that he overreacted, and I said I understand why he felt the way he did, and I would make sure to discuss these things with him next time. He understands now that it means nothing. Part of the reason I was so upset was it seemed like he couldn't trust me to be faithful over one stupid kiss, but now we both know how the other feels. Thank you everyone for (mostly) being supportive and letting me vent!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM
LMAO! If he is ever ready to joke about this, I'm totally telling him that.

Quoting Jers.:

Is he also upset because you aren't a twenty year-old who doesn't know who her real father is?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

He needs to take a chill pill and get over it. 

KyrinM
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

OMG, he needs to think of it as a job.  Tell him, to think about professional actors, what if their spouses flipped every time the script called for a kissing scene or worse a love scene in a movie?  How long could they be actors if they can't portray what the story entails, due to a jealous spouse?  This is an act, you aren't having make out sessions with the other actor off stage.  I have an idea, I am guessing the actor you have to kiss has a wife or GF as well, yes?  If so, have your DH meet the actor & his partner, & have the actor reassure him that he is not interested in you other than as a fellow actor in the play.  IMO he is being ridiculous, but he is also obviously insecure & needs some reassurance too.

Snowflower901
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Omg that's a man for you..So stupid! You should say "The show must go on"lol just to piss him off hehe..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I agree kissing is cheating no matter what the reason for it is and if he is not ok with it then that is even worse...

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I think he's being sesnitive but I sort of agree especially since you didn't tell him and he got taken by surprise and didn't get the option to see if you could omit that tiny part out of the play for his comfort. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't want my DH kissing another women for a play either though. He would probably leave me if I kissed another person. 

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM
That's ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I dont know if it is cheating, but i wouldnt be comfortable with my husband sucking on some random womans face, either.

I understand his point, as does my husband.

Smcclellan7080
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I think you should have taken his feelings into account.

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Hes being rediculous

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN