Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Paragard help please!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have had paragard for about 2 years now. Other than cramps before/during my period, I haven't had a problem. I know its normal to have heavy periods and cramps, but I have been having severe cramps today, even though I just ended my period 2 days ago.
These cramps are not going away, they range from a dull consistent pain, to contraction like cramps. The biggest pain comes then goes, leaving me with the dull pain.
My uterus feels like its going to fall out or burst.

I don't want to go to the doctor unless this is a huge issue because I've been to the doctor SOO many times with worries about my sexual health, to only be told "you're fine" by my doctor.

I had my strings checked a couple of months ago, but ive never had an ultrasound to check everything out.

Is this normal ???? Should I just suck it up and take more pain meds?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
angeline
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I've never had pain with my paragard. I'd go get checked just in-case. Better to be safe then sorry.

TaylorBaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

that sounds like paraguard. i have never had it, but firends of mine have and thats why they get it removed is becuase this is an ongoing thing. good luck hun. call your dr. that's what they are there for.

.thatsme.
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM
I had the Mirena and had BAD cramps. But I'm not sure about paragard. Sorry! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeline
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That's why I'm so hesitant to go in. :p lol ... Thank u

Quoting TaylorBaby:

that sounds like paraguard. i have never had it, but firends of mine have and thats why they get it removed is becuase this is an ongoing thing. good luck hun. call your dr. that's what they are there for.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeline
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Thank you.

Quoting .thatsme.:

I had the Mirena and had BAD cramps. But I'm not sure about paragard. Sorry! :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilliannsmom1
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
At least call your clinic and see if you can talk to the nurse for advice. Bad cramps are a potential side effect of paragard; however, with it being a new symptom after two years, that warrants at least a call.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mimi0815
by Mimmie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM
This was the very reason I had mine removed. The cramps started small and then out of no where the cramps wen from 0 -10 in less than 2 months. It stayed like that for 6 months and I couldn't take the pain anymore each time I went to my gynecologist she said nothing was wrong. Finally I started to cramp and I wasn't even on my period . Went back screaming for someone to help. they did a ultra sound and found that I had a pierced cervix. They took it out immediately after that hubby got a vasectomy 6months later.
angeline
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Wow! I'm sorry u went through that! Now I want an ultrasound !

Quoting mimi0815:

This was the very reason I had mine removed. The cramps started small and then out of no where the cramps wen from 0 -10 in less than 2 months. It stayed like that for 6 months and I couldn't take the pain anymore each time I went to my gynecologist she said nothing was wrong. Finally I started to cramp and I wasn't even on my period . Went back screaming for someone to help. they did a ultra sound and found that I had a pierced cervix. They took it out immediately after that hubby got a vasectomy 6months later.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)