Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish I had tri-care

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
you tri care peope can go to the dr for whatever reason who cares...kid wakes up with a fever 2 seconds later your calling me for an apt instead of trying tylenol oh wait its free with tri care. How about that diaper rash maybe try walgreens oh no nevermind thats covered too. When I say the clinic is filled you then decide its my fault you waited until 1 in the afternoon to call for an apt. You have no co pay (prime) no no-show fee nada.

Sorry for the vent mondays suck and I just checked into my ob apt and found out my copay is 35. So before you bitch about medi care consider what others pay thanks;-)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

canada is awesome :)

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously, that is quite the generalization.  I can assure you that not all fall under that stereotype.  W have Tricare and the only reason we head to the doctor is if something has been wrong for quite awhile.  And I never miss an appointment.  I am going to assume that all receptionist are judgemental witches,  but I know better than that, it would only make me look dumb.

ajrjj05
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM

what is tri-care?! 

We pay $25 co pays and $12 on RX, glasses are not covered under our insurance. We also pay $150 a week out of the paycheck to cover the fees. Our ER is $100.. 

Sounds like I wants some Tri-Care too :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM
What do they do thats different? Because this ish is jackered up here in the usa. uugghh

Quoting bustybee:

canada is awesome :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM
10 moms liked this
Go fight for the country and you can also get tri-care. Everything comes with a price.
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I have Tricare.

But I pay for it...so....yeah I'll go whenever I want. Lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM

eh I avoid taking my kids to the doctor for fevers or just not feeling well. I have gone in for a diaper rash on my youngest before but that was because nothing we tried worked. As it turned out he was allergic to milk. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Actually their receptionists are nasty witches. Im glad you use common sense for your kiddos this post was obviously not for you.

Quoting Melbornj:

Seriously, that is quite the generalization.  I can assure you that not all fall under that stereotype.  W have Tricare and the only reason we head to the doctor is if something has been wrong for quite awhile.  And I never miss an appointment.  I am going to assume that all receptionist are judgemental witches,  but I know better than that, it would only make me look dumb.

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I have Tricare and don't act like that. I will definitely miss it if my husband gets out in 2014. I have so many problems. My Thyroid cancer would have costed us $56k for only 4 months of services.

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM
7 moms liked this

#1 -  don't lump everyone with Tricare into one...  It doesn't work that way...

#2 - Base doctors for the most part, are crap...

#3 - Join the military and earn the benefit before you bitch...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)