Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$$ what do i do with it all?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

hubbys getting this week an insurance settlement 5k our taxes last yr was about that when we file this yr it'll probably be close to that so 10k wth do i do with it all??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Send me some of course.

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I would save most of it. It's your $$$ though....

Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:03 PM

If you are looking for work because you need the income, then pay what bills/debt you can and save the rest. Don't spend fruitlessly...you'll regret it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

wewill pay several monthes rent and bills i'm sure  as i keep looking for work

piratehooker
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM
That's not a lot of money over time. Put it in savings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Quoting Kerannmer:

If you are looking for work because you need the income, then pay what bills/debt you can and save the rest. Don't spend fruitlessly...you'll regret it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

we have no couch and i want the 3 yr old to get a twinbed and maybe a b unbroken bed for us

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Well, then first off, I am very happy for you. Secondly, spend it wisely and try to save a little bit. Thirdly, try to make this a new financial beginning. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CuriousArentYa:

That is merely relative. What may be pocket change to you may be the difference between eviction and a roof over their heads (not saying this is so with the o.p.)

but your right1 i hubby keeps losing jobs he has aspergers i havent worked in 3 yrs i''ve been a sahm now the roles are reversed i'm looking allover for work and not finding nothing

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM
At least you could careless. Some people couldn't careless.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Take an English class so you sound educated when you put something in written form?

you know whats sad, my mom was an english teacher i was reading at 3 after 30 yrs and since she's gone  now i could care less

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM
You just admitted to caring.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Take an English class so you sound educated when you put something in written form?

you know whats sad, my mom was an english teacher i was reading at 3 after 30 yrs and since she's gone  now i could care less

Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kerannmer:

Quoting Anonymous:

we have no couch and i want the 3 yr old to get a twinbed and maybe a b unbroken bed for us

Wait until you're employed with a steady paycheck before you do those things. Not having furniture sucks, but you'll survive, right? If you don't find work and your money is gone, furniture won't pay the rent or put food on the table. Be smart, and save it.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Whatever you want. If I were you, I would save that money for emergencies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)