Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unless You Do This Everyday You Have Poor Hygiene

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you wash and use a moisturizer daily?

Options:

Yes

No

That is too high matinence

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 417

View Results

Unless you wash your face daily, use a moisturizer with an spf along with brushing teethe and showering, I think you have poor hygiene. I see all these women on here who say "I dont wear make up, I see no need for a face cream" and I dont understand this way of thinking! Do you know you have tiny holes in your face that fills with crud, dirt and all kinds of nasty things? And for the love of all things good, use a moisturizer with an spf. It will save your skin from harsh UV rays. Which prevents what? Cancer.

So there is my confession. Anyone agree?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

"use a moisturizer with an spf"  

Ha ha.  Pretty picky in your judgment of others, aren't you?  They should not only "use a moisturizer" (whether or not it is needed, according to you), but they must also use one "with an spf:".  Lol.

Chemicals cause cancer...not the sun.  If you are light-skinned, like me, just don't be stupid and try to stay out for hours.  If you are darker, you can.  Use some common sense.  We NEED the sun in order to produce Vitamin D. 

I moisturize NOW, but when I was younger, that was the last thing I needed to do. 

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol. Funny. I'm willing to bet that your moisturizer has all kind of ''nasty things'' in it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Using wash on your face everyday is really bad. Especially if you're using products with nasty chemicals. Which is pretty much everything unless you shop organic.
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I do wash & moisturize, but dont think it's bad hygiene if you don't.

I have mixed feelings about sunblock. I have heard there are new studies suggesting that spf can actually be a contributor to skin cancer. It's still being researched, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

piratehooker
I am allergic to hygiene.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Nobody.
I sure do! I wash my face morning and night and use day/night face creams.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I know a woman who uses vaseline on her face every single night. You'd think gross but she has the most amazing skin. I've been too terrified of blocking all my pores to try it.

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

You put it on throughout the day while wearing a full face of make up?  Doesn't it mess up your make up?

Quoting Cochise:

Yes I sure do .. I shower and wash my hair every single day ... blow dry ..flat iron ..put make up on ... the works !!   Moisturize  lol ... I put moisturizer on every time I use the bathroom...    ( just dot it around my eyes and around my lips ) my ritual     and of course I brush my teeth ...and I use listerine too !!!   

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I wash my face and body daily, brush twice a day, and I use an eye cream, a fine line reducer, and a vitiman C facial serum. However, I only wash my hair twice a week. It gets way too dry otherwise.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)