Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unless You Do This Everyday You Have Poor Hygiene

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you wash and use a moisturizer daily?

Options:

Yes

No

That is too high matinence

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 417

View Results

Unless you wash your face daily, use a moisturizer with an spf along with brushing teethe and showering, I think you have poor hygiene. I see all these women on here who say "I dont wear make up, I see no need for a face cream" and I dont understand this way of thinking! Do you know you have tiny holes in your face that fills with crud, dirt and all kinds of nasty things? And for the love of all things good, use a moisturizer with an spf. It will save your skin from harsh UV rays. Which prevents what? Cancer.

So there is my confession. Anyone agree?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I was face daily and brush teeth daily-never use moisturizer, and shower every other or every 2dys.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Quoting audreesmama:

Hell. I don't even have teeth. One less thing to take up time, I guess! Lol

Quoting laranadtony:

I don't brush my teeth.

I really don't have teeth. I have 6 but they take about 2 minutes to brush and floss.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I cannot. That would dry my skin out horribly and the creams clog my pores and make me break out. I have my own routine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cochise
by Dawn on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Yes I do put it on throughout the day ... but I just dot it around my eyes...and lips...  and nope it doesn't mess up the make up .  I think it helps.. I am 50 years old ... am told in person that I look like I am in my 30's .

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

You put it on throughout the day while wearing a full face of make up?  Doesn't it mess up your make up?

Quoting Cochise:

Yes I sure do .. I shower and wash my hair every single day ... blow dry ..flat iron ..put make up on ... the works !!   Moisturize  lol ... I put moisturizer on every time I use the bathroom...    ( just dot it around my eyes and around my lips ) my ritual     and of course I brush my teeth ...and I use listerine too !!!   

catholicmamamia
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Daily washing and moisturizing, with natural products.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

MrsWhite101610
Me too. I got them all in a LONG time ago, then one by one they went away and came back as big girl teeth. Lol

Quoting MommeeTo4:

I'm too old to teethe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
I really need to go to bed, but I'm too tired to get up and walk back there, lol. Poo.
Yesterday at 3:52 AM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I remember my mom and grandma talking about women doing that and they always had perfect skin.  They also said that when they were young it was common practice for women it use Crisco and that it kept their skin really soft and healthy looking.

Quoting furbabymum:

I know a woman who uses vaseline on her face every single night. You'd think gross but she has the most amazing skin. I've been too terrified of blocking all my pores to try it.

Tara922c
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I think it is a far stretch to say not using a moisturizer on your face everyday equals bad hygiene. Not brushing your teeth every day is bad hygine. Not bathing in general is bad hygine, but I think it is okay to skip a day here and there. 

bellaamore

What good would moisturizing do if im notdrying my skin out with chemicals? I do wash my face daily. I do brush daily and floss every every meal.

I do "bathe", daily, but i only wash with a natural soap once a week. It is too drying to the skin otherwise. I usually bathe in hot water with baking soda. I wash my hair with onlysulfateand paraben free condioner once every week and wash withbaking soda and water once a month.

Instead using tons of producton my skin and hair, i use only natural methods of cleaning myself and drink only water, except for the 4 oz of either milk or juice i allow myself daily. I eat about 60% of my diet in produce, either fresh or frozen. Ieat the rest of my diet just as clean and whole.

I dont have any smells that are offensive, and have no issues with my hair or skin.

I am plenty hygenic, even if not to your standards. So, i pick that "is too high maintenence".

SusieQue717
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

nope... I haven't found a moisturizer that doesn't make my skin more oily than it already is... I just use a matte foundation every morning. after showering and all that great stuff :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN