Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Barbara Walters Has Chicken Pox

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Barbara Walters Mark VonHolden/DMIPhoto.com/FilmMagic

While much of Hollywood is suffering from the flu, Barbara Walters has come down with the chicken pox. 

The View host was hospitalized after injuring her head in a fall during inauguration festivities. She was transferred to a New York hospital late last week and remains there with her new infection. 

"You all know that she fell and cut her head 10 days ago, and then was running a temperature, but it turns out it is all the result of a delayed childhood," her co-host Whoopi Goldberg explained on the air Monday. 

"Barbara has the chicken pox. She'd never had it as a child," she continued. "So now she's been told to rest, she's not allowed any visitors, and we're telling you, Barbara, no scratching." 

In a statement last week, Walters, 83, thanked her fans and "all the people who have called, written and been concerned about me."
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Wow, really?  She's been suffering health issues lately, and I guess her immunity is way down.  That's pretty rare.

I never had it as a child either, but almost everyone in my generation and older are immune because we were exposed, even if we didn't come down with it.  I am, and so was my mother. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM

bumplove you sign

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:18 PM
She looks amazing for 83!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
finnbar
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Oh dear. That is not good at her age! Hope she recovers soon
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Curious...have you actually been tested to see that you are immune?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Wow, really?  She's been suffering health issues lately, and I guess her immunity is way down.  That's pretty rare.

I never had it as a child either, but almost everyone in my generation and older are immune because we were exposed, even if we didn't come down with it.  I am, and so was my mother. 

banana-bear
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:21 PM
My grandma has shingles and she is acting like the world is ending. Give me a break! Old people....
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Yes.  Had blood titer done when my kids got it. Totally immune.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Curious...have you actually been tested to see that you are immune?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM
the older you get, shingles can be very serious...........

Wow!

Quoting banana-bear:

My grandma has shingles and she is acting like the world is ending. Give me a break! Old people....
banana-bear
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM
She's only in her 60's. And she's a big baby about everything. She acts the same way when she gets a UTI. Old people just love complaining.

Quoting Anonymous:

the older you get, shingles can be very serious...........

Wow!

Quoting banana-bear:

beerabitch69
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I love how this is news.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN