Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

any pharm techs?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 17 Replies
i have the opportunity to have a paid internship as a pharmacy technician. In 10 weeks I would be certified. The internship only pays 7.25 which is min wage here. Id like to know if any of you are in this bussiness. Do you like your job? How well do you get paid once your certified?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Action_Jaxon
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:14 PM
B
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Action_Jaxon
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:14 PM
U
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Action_Jaxon
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM
M
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Action_Jaxon
P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mygirls2012

im also interested in that answer, i also would love to have a job like that.. can i ask how you got that internship? im in the job hunting field right now and have no experience but am so  interested in that. thanks

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Bump. That seems low to get paid. But i have no knowledge about how much techs normally get paid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mygirls2012
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Quoting mygirls2012:

im also interested in that answer, i also would love to have a job like that.. can i ask how you got that internship? im in the job hunting field right now and have no experience but am so  interested in that. thanks

Also what state do you live in? I know that min in NC is also 7.25 :(

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Depends on the area. When I was working which was almost 7 years ago I was making 8.25 un-certified. I was in the process of becoming cert til I got pregnant. I loved my job and of course you'll make more certified. Don't let them low ball you. Start high, and counter somewhere in the middle when it comes to pay. Retail you can make as much as $13 an hour and of course hospital pharmacy is much higher.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Pharmacy techs around here start at like $9/hr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl3227
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Around here techs get paid around 13-15 per hour.  I thought about doing it but I changed my mind and went radiology instead.   I do know some techs that really enjoy their jobs though.  Good luck with whatever you decide. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)