Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Caught ya *update in blue

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son has gotten it into his head that it's okay to yell at his teachers at school. Along with throwing tantrums. Well I decided to sit in to see what exactly he does. He's been known to do things like this for attention.

So about a couple hours into class I hear him yell no to his teacher. Than I hear running and crying. I hear his teacher say his name and for him to go back to his spot. He yells no one more time so I step into the class unseen or heard by him. He had his head in a cushion by the wall. Moves the pillow to yell one more time and sees me. His jaw drops and he says uh oh. I said calmly you have 5 secs to get back to your spot by 2 he was back in his spot participating.

Took everything in me not to laugh. He was angel the rest of the day :D this is something I told him would be happening often if he continued this behavior. 

I observed again this morning without his knowledge and he was complimented several times for listening, sitting quietly, and actively participating. I did also tell him I have eyes and ears at the school and a camera in his classroom to watch him throughout the day. My camera is his teacher and we are working together to put a stop to this behavior. So far we are loving the change. I highly recommend if you have any issues like this with your child sit in and actually see what is going on. I am so happy I did :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM
It was so hard not to laugh!

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

sorry that made me laugh uh oh lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Thanks!

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Way to go Mama!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I  rather see the teacher  control the behavior. 

cherokeegoddess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM

go mom!!! you rock!!! lol my nephew does the same so his momma asked if i could take him. so the last week he's been an angel since he's been with me lol he even got a compliment by his teacher  saying how good he was.  :)

mom2twins82
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Yay to you Momma!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

So do you plan on sitting in every day? Sorry I would not find it funny if my child acted like that in school

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Yes but since all she can do is timeout I don't see that working. They can't even yell or raise their voice.

Quoting Anonymous:

I  rather see the teacher  control the behavior. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Thanks!!! Awesome lol

Quoting cherokeegoddess:

go mom!!! you rock!!! lol my nephew does the same so his momma asked if i could take him. so the last week he's been an angel since he's been with me lol he even got a compliment by his teacher  saying how good he was.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Thanks!

Quoting mom2twins82:

Yay to you Momma!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Yes I do. I never said his behavior was funny. Learn to read I never said that was funny.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

So do you plan on sitting in every day? Sorry I would not find it funny if my child acted like that in school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)