Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Caught ya *update in blue

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son has gotten it into his head that it's okay to yell at his teachers at school. Along with throwing tantrums. Well I decided to sit in to see what exactly he does. He's been known to do things like this for attention.

So about a couple hours into class I hear him yell no to his teacher. Than I hear running and crying. I hear his teacher say his name and for him to go back to his spot. He yells no one more time so I step into the class unseen or heard by him. He had his head in a cushion by the wall. Moves the pillow to yell one more time and sees me. His jaw drops and he says uh oh. I said calmly you have 5 secs to get back to your spot by 2 he was back in his spot participating.

Took everything in me not to laugh. He was angel the rest of the day :D this is something I told him would be happening often if he continued this behavior. 

I observed again this morning without his knowledge and he was complimented several times for listening, sitting quietly, and actively participating. I did also tell him I have eyes and ears at the school and a camera in his classroom to watch him throughout the day. My camera is his teacher and we are working together to put a stop to this behavior. So far we are loving the change. I highly recommend if you have any issues like this with your child sit in and actually see what is going on. I am so happy I did :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (131-140):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Lol oh wow I bet it did. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom did that to us. If we missed the bus (high school), she'd drive us with 1) curlers in her hair, 2) Noxzema caked on her face, 3) pajamas/robe, and 4) CHICKEN SLIPPERS. It surely cured us of our tardiness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Thats awesome. I wish they would let me do that. I'm not 100% certain I believe the behaviors he's having in school seems they won't allow me to come to the school to watch or listen in. They say they can't have parents at the school. Which is bullshit the PTA is their every day doing stuff. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM

That sounds very strange! I would take it up with the principal or school board. Tell them you want to see firsthand what your child is doing and how the teacher responds to him. Wish you luck mama! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats awesome. I wish they would let me do that. I'm not 100% certain I believe the behaviors he's having in school seems they won't allow me to come to the school to watch or listen in. They say they can't have parents at the school. Which is bullshit the PTA is their every day doing stuff. 

mamanay041010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM

You've started early so it should! And he was super responsive to your presence so it means he's aware of you and the fact that his actions aren't ok 

Quoting Anonymous:

I completely agree with you! I was not going to allow this to continue any longer. This is something I plan to continue just to show him that this behavior is not in any way okay. I really hope things change and stay on the right path :)

Quoting mamanay041010:

I love that you were a proactive parent, I know so many kids misbehave at school because they understand the lines of communication between their parents and the teacher aren't good so it's less of a chance they'll get in trouble, I saw it all the time in school. I know some people feel its the teachers job to handle his/her class but something's learning is halted completely when dealing with a student who won't listen or is being disruptive and I have seen this firsthand at all academic levels, if the student is aware that there aren't serious consequences they continue the behavior but kids who know their mothers and fathers are serious about the behavior and actions at school shape up quick! It's important to do this early because if a child spends 3-4 years in school misbehaving and the school sends and notifies the parents and receive no help the child becomes one unruly teen! I knew many who were confident their mothers wouldn't take the time of day to come to the school they say stuff like "my mother is not leaving work to come here so I don't care" and it shows the difference between both sets of children.. Good job 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Oh yea he was very aware yesterday. His teacher and school honestly thought there is something wrong with him but when they saw firsthand how I impacted his behavior they said come to school anytime. I got to see another side of my child that I didn't really see or know. Thankfully tho it's a side that's going to go away with hard work, discipline and consistency. 

Quoting mamanay041010:

You've started early so it should! And he was super responsive to your presence so it means he's aware of you and the fact that his actions aren't ok 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM

We have. The principle is the one that said I couldn't. Our son's now involved in a investigation because he has speech issues and got punched in the nose on the bus. The principle said that with my son's issues this stuff is going to happen because other kids don't understand him so they act out. So basically the principle hates us because we went above his head for blaming our child for another child hurting him. They saw the video and my son did nothing until the kid had hit him several times in the arm/chest after 3-4 times my son tackled the other kid and the kid responded by punching my kid in the nose. 

If I didn't own my house and the market wasn't still really shitty here I'd move. My 1st grader has been hit more this year at school/on the bus and been told its his own fault by the school or that the school can't do anything because they didn't see it and there's not enough teachers to watch the students. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That sounds very strange! I would take it up with the principal or school board. Tell them you want to see firsthand what your child is doing and how the teacher responds to him. Wish you luck mama! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Oh my goodness! That is terrible! I hope things really work out for you and your child! Can you move him to another school district? 

Quoting Anonymous:

We have. The principle is the one that said I couldn't. Our son's now involved in a investigation because he has speech issues and got punched in the nose on the bus. The principle said that with my son's issues this stuff is going to happen because other kids don't understand him so they act out. So basically the principle hates us because we went above his head for blaming our child for another child hurting him. They saw the video and my son did nothing until the kid had hit him several times in the arm/chest after 3-4 times my son tackled the other kid and the kid responded by punching my kid in the nose. 

If I didn't own my house and the market wasn't still really shitty here I'd move. My 1st grader has been hit more this year at school/on the bus and been told its his own fault by the school or that the school can't do anything because they didn't see it and there's not enough teachers to watch the s

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM

If I had $5000 I could put him in a private school but its the only other school that I could send him to. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my goodness! That is terrible! I hope things really work out for you and your child! Can you move him to another school district? 

Quoting Anonymous:

If I didn't own my house and the market wasn't still really shitty here I'd move. My 1st grader has been hit more this year at school/on the bus and been told its his own fault by the school or that the school can't do anything because they didn't see it and there's not enough teachers to watch the s

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Oh wow I am so sorry mama! I know this seems silly but have you contacted the news station? A few times in our city that parents are having problems with the school they get the news involved and attention like that well a school is going respond and change. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If I had $5000 I could put him in a private school but its the only other school that I could send him to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Hell yea he got a happy face today! woohoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)