Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Caught ya *update in blue

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son has gotten it into his head that it's okay to yell at his teachers at school. Along with throwing tantrums. Well I decided to sit in to see what exactly he does. He's been known to do things like this for attention.

So about a couple hours into class I hear him yell no to his teacher. Than I hear running and crying. I hear his teacher say his name and for him to go back to his spot. He yells no one more time so I step into the class unseen or heard by him. He had his head in a cushion by the wall. Moves the pillow to yell one more time and sees me. His jaw drops and he says uh oh. I said calmly you have 5 secs to get back to your spot by 2 he was back in his spot participating.

Took everything in me not to laugh. He was angel the rest of the day :D this is something I told him would be happening often if he continued this behavior. 

I observed again this morning without his knowledge and he was complimented several times for listening, sitting quietly, and actively participating. I did also tell him I have eyes and ears at the school and a camera in his classroom to watch him throughout the day. My camera is his teacher and we are working together to put a stop to this behavior. So far we are loving the change. I highly recommend if you have any issues like this with your child sit in and actually see what is going on. I am so happy I did :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
SlightlyPerfect
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Good for you! I would totally do the same thing.

slightlyperfect

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Awesome! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Took everything in me not to laugh

your words

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I do. I never said his behavior was funny. Learn to read I never said that was funny.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

So do you plan on sitting in every day? Sorry I would not find it funny if my child acted like that in school

aikimomof3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Way to go!

My kids would shit a brick if I turned up in their classroom like that. Awesome move. I will need to keep that in mind for future reference lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Thank ya!

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Good for you! I would totally do the same thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM
:)

Quoting motherslove82:

Awesome! Lol
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Lmao nice one

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM
About his reaction you must have trouble reading things fully.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Took everything in me not to laugh

your words

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I do. I never said his behavior was funny. Learn to read I never said that was funny.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

So do you plan on sitting in every day? Sorry I would not find it funny if my child acted like that in school

SlightlyPerfect
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I await the day my kid acts out in school. If she's old enough, I'll handcuff myself to her for the entire school day.

Quoting aikimomof3:

Way to go!

My kids would shit a brick if I turned up in their classroom like that. Awesome move. I will need to keep that in mind for future reference lol.

slightlyperfect

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I suggest it :D

Quoting aikimomof3:

Way to go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN