Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Caught ya *update in blue

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son has gotten it into his head that it's okay to yell at his teachers at school. Along with throwing tantrums. Well I decided to sit in to see what exactly he does. He's been known to do things like this for attention.

So about a couple hours into class I hear him yell no to his teacher. Than I hear running and crying. I hear his teacher say his name and for him to go back to his spot. He yells no one more time so I step into the class unseen or heard by him. He had his head in a cushion by the wall. Moves the pillow to yell one more time and sees me. His jaw drops and he says uh oh. I said calmly you have 5 secs to get back to your spot by 2 he was back in his spot participating.

Took everything in me not to laugh. He was angel the rest of the day :D this is something I told him would be happening often if he continued this behavior. 

I observed again this morning without his knowledge and he was complimented several times for listening, sitting quietly, and actively participating. I did also tell him I have eyes and ears at the school and a camera in his classroom to watch him throughout the day. My camera is his teacher and we are working together to put a stop to this behavior. So far we are loving the change. I highly recommend if you have any issues like this with your child sit in and actually see what is going on. I am so happy I did :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
What was his punishment at home for the behavior?
mommyof24ever
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Go mommy! One step ahead lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Stuff the school isn't allowed to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Thanks! Yes I was!

Quoting mommyof24ever:

Go mommy! One step ahead lol
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Awesome, if more parents did this, teachers would be able to spend more time teaching and kids spend more time learning and liking school. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I completely agree! One of his teachers said the same thing.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Awesome, if more parents did this, teachers would be able to spend more time teaching and kids spend more time learning and liking school. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Glad to hear the consequences followed him home.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

littlepinkrose
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Good for you.  I knew a kid in high school who had been skipping class.  The school had a policy that if a parent wants to spend the day with there kid for any reason they can.  So, his mom came and spent like a week with him sitting in the back of all of his classes and following him in the hall.  His brother laughed so hard when he would see him.  You can be sure we always saw him in class after that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM
They always have and always will under this household.

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad to hear the consequences followed him home.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Thanks! That's good. I think more parents should stop in and observe while their child is unaware.

Quoting littlepinkrose:

Good for you.  I knew a kid in high school who had been skipping class.  The school had a policy that if a parent wants to spend the day with there kid for any reason they can.  So, his mom came and spent like a week with him sitting in the back of all of his classes and following him in the hall.  His brother laughed so hard when he would see him.  You can be sure we always saw him in class after that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)