Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son and daughter sharing a room... help? ...EDIT... EDIT 2

Posted by   + Show Post

Anyone have a boy and girl sharing a room?

We plan on buying or building a new house closer to home within the next 6-12 months. When that time comes, all 3 kids will have their own rooms again.

In the meantime, I am going to take over one of their bedrooms and turn it into a work out room. Our gym equipment is currently spread put throughout the house (bench, weights, elliptical, etc.).

One thing is for sure: we are getting them bunk beds! Our daughter is 7 and our son is 5. They are attached at the hip and get along fabulously. So this will be a welcomed transition.

My problem.. I want to make the bedroom comfortable and fun. I want them BOTH to love it and feel like it's "their room". What are some things I can to do make it boyish and girly?

Looking for some cute ideas for storage, personal space, etc.

Just to answer a few questions:

I live in Canada. We don`t have CPS. We have CAS and it`s not illegal for boys and girls to share a bedroom.

Also, our kids aren`t being forced to share a room. They WANT to. They have been bugging us for bunk beds for ages. So, putting them together in a room is only spoiling them. LOL

And HERE is what I think we might build (or buy)! We are thinking it would be better to build something we can take with us.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM
5 moms liked this

boy girl room

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM
9 moms liked this
Oh gawd. Some of the responses. The stupid is thick tonight...
meangreen18
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM

let them pick their own bedsets? my ds (5) has bunkbeds with mario on them. once my dd (5 months) gets ready for a bed we'll get her something girly. with our current living situation not sure if they'll be sharing a room by that time or not. my son also has posters of his favorite characters all over his walls too. if they do end up sharing a room i'm sure we'll end up decorating half the room his way and half hers.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM
3 moms liked this

Loooove the colors for a kids room (boy and girl) just get their choice of comforter color :)

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:46 PM
It's not even legal in our state.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thesimplethings
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Im sorry  but i have to say that is selfish on your part...whose more important your kids or gym stuff....

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM
6 moms liked this

shared-kids-rooms

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this

check out pinterest. my 8 and 1 year old share a room and the big thing is storage. I have tons of bins for each and that helps. I would use lots of colors that are bright and bold like green, blue, red and yellow. I love bright colors for kids rooms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh shut up. Seriously.

Quoting Anonymous:

Selfish,  when gym equipment is more important than kids having their own space!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Wtf.

Quoting CRAZZYB23:

isnt that against the law... i forgot what age that its not allowed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN