Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son and daughter sharing a room... help? ...EDIT... EDIT 2

Posted by   + Show Post

Anyone have a boy and girl sharing a room?

We plan on buying or building a new house closer to home within the next 6-12 months. When that time comes, all 3 kids will have their own rooms again.

In the meantime, I am going to take over one of their bedrooms and turn it into a work out room. Our gym equipment is currently spread put throughout the house (bench, weights, elliptical, etc.).

One thing is for sure: we are getting them bunk beds! Our daughter is 7 and our son is 5. They are attached at the hip and get along fabulously. So this will be a welcomed transition.

My problem.. I want to make the bedroom comfortable and fun. I want them BOTH to love it and feel like it's "their room". What are some things I can to do make it boyish and girly?

Looking for some cute ideas for storage, personal space, etc.

Just to answer a few questions:

I live in Canada. We don`t have CPS. We have CAS and it`s not illegal for boys and girls to share a bedroom.

Also, our kids aren`t being forced to share a room. They WANT to. They have been bugging us for bunk beds for ages. So, putting them together in a room is only spoiling them. LOL

And HERE is what I think we might build (or buy)! We are thinking it would be better to build something we can take with us.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Replies (171-180):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM

perhaps you should limit number of kids you are having until you can afford a bigger house?

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM

LMAO oh god. Ever watch 40 year old virgin? "My daughter's kind of.....DUMB. How do I stop her period?" 

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

That's a reportable offense!!!! CPS CPS!!!

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Put her in some radioactive tub water, then she might start soon. 

*rolleyes* people are sooooo petty!

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

She's 7!!!!! It's temporary! I don't see her going thru puberty anytime soon. Jeezus. Why is it a big deal or wrong if the kids are happy about sharing a room?

Quoting silverdawn99:

Imo you are being selfish

She * your dd* is at that age where she will be entering puberty and needs her own space

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Half of you people need to learn the law. No where in the 50 states of America is it illegal for BIOLOGICAL children of parents to share a room. There is no age limit that applies. Those rules are only enforced when there are foster children living in a private residence or families living in government housing (and even that is enforced only by the landlord) .

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Trollcat shush, go mew somewhere else. Meow.

Quoting thetrollcat:

perhaps you should limit number of kids you are having until you can afford a bigger house?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Good grief that's being selfish! My kids have to share a room because we have a two bedroom apartment. Your gym equipment do not need an entire room. I understand that your kids are close but at that age, IMO, they do not need to share a room. I am counting the days until I graduate with my degree so we can move back to MS and my kids can have their own rooms.
Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Why do YOU care? O.o

Quoting Aamy:

Who cares if your gym equip is all over the house ??? Why disrupt the kids now ?? Wait till you build your new house and build yourself a gym room. Move all your crap out into the grarage or outside.

blazenangel5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
And Tbh I didn't mean to press annonymous...I ain't scared ;-)

Quoting white_wolf454:

Quoting Anonymous:

For u who claim its against the law...please post proof of this law. You people will bitch about anything! They are small children for Pete sakes. You people never cease to amaze me.

yay ! an Anon i like 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM

well seriously I mean if you cant afford to move then perhaps waiting and planning would be best.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Trollcat shush, go mew somewhere else. Meow.

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM

A degree in what? CM Law?

Quoting Anonymous:

Good grief that's being selfish! My kids have to share a room because we have a two bedroom apartment. Your gym equipment do not need an entire room. I understand that your kids are close but at that age, IMO, they do not need to share a room. I am counting the days until I graduate with my degree so we can move back to MS and my kids can have their own rooms.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM

It has not been an issue, but I mentioned it to hubby that I would love to have a room where all the equipment could be in one place.. and we were contemplating bunk beds. The kids thought it was a fabulous idea.. and have been bugging us ever since :)

We do not have a garage and outside is not an option.

I am just looking for ideas for their rooms.. to make them personal and fun. Special and comfortable :)

Quoting Aamy:

Who cares if your gym equip is all over the house ??? Why disrupt the kids now ?? Wait till you build your new house and build yourself a gym room. Move all your crap out into the grarage or outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)