Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

As If I Wasn't Paranoid Enough About Bed Bugs!!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am super paranoid about getting bed bugs.

I refuse to stay in any hotels because I am afraid of getting bed bugs.

When I buy something that can be washed in the washer, new or used, it immediately goes into the washer and dryer.

I thought that bed bugs could only live in things like mattresses, clothes, stuffed animals, things like that.

Oh now. Was I WRONG!

I was watching Infested and this woman had gotten bed bugs because she bought a brand new bunk bed set for her kids. ONE single bed bug had been living in a teeny little screw hole in the bunk beds, multiplied and they were eating her boys.

I had no idea they could live on surfaces like that. OR that they can go up to a YEAR without eating!!

I really thought I'd be safe buying brand new things like mattresses, etc because they were brand new, right? Never used, therefore no bed bugs. Oh no. Not at all. They can hitch a ride in something new and live there for a year, and then come and bite your ass and infest your house at the drop of a hat.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner now.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Lol. They can live in rugs to. They can come into your home on clothing. Go visit peoples homes, bring home a guest. 

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I knew that. I just thought I'd be safe buying new because I didn't know bed bugs could go a year without eating. I thought they would abandon something if they had no food source!!

Quoting Aamy:

Lol. They can live in rugs to. They can come into your home on clothing. Go visit peoples homes, bring home a guest. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Life sucks. Why did you have to post this *cries*
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM

How could they tell where the bed bug came from?

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM

They take forever to die. They dont die with in days. They can live 5 months without food. 

Quoting carterscutie85:

I knew that. I just thought I'd be safe buying new because I didn't know bed bugs could go a year without eating. I thought they would abandon something if they had no food source!!

Quoting Aamy:

mlg1989
Watashi wa anata o aishite Mugiwara Kaizokuban <3
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
by ZombieMegg on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM
*scratches my whole body*
Yuck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

They can also hitch a ride in the cardboard boxes, your "new" stuff comes in. Disgusting

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM

On the show?

They pinpointed it because she had just moved into a new house. No issues till she bought the bunk beds. Then her boys started being covered in bites...soon they told her there were bugs in their beds. She went and checked it out..found the boys entirely covered in bugs and found a whole ton of bugs under the bed.

A bed bug could have hitched a ride when it was being shipped over here after being made..so for instance if the beds were made in China it could have hitched a ride on the bed and then just sat there..waiting for a victim.

Quoting Anonymous:

How could they tell where the bed bug came from?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Bed bugs were in my kids bunk beds. I didn't see them when changing the sheets because they were in the wood.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)