Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

these poor people just lost their child, this child just lost her family, so sad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
2 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Who do you think should have gotten the child?

Options:

The people who had adopted her

The bio father who ignored all contact with her bio mom

They should have 50/50 custody

other, please explain what "other" should be

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 138

View Results

I am sure many people have heard about the child who was put up for adoption by her mother after her father refused to return her mother or her mother's family's calls and attempts to contact him about the baby.

Well, after finding out she was adopted, he decided to fight for her and this poor family, who had already legally adopted this child (who the father had abandoned) lost. They still have visitation rights but that's just not right.

I mean think about it, this guy was fine with the mother having the child and he having nothing to do with her but had a problem with a nice family, who has been approved by the adoption agency, having her. I feel so bad for the child in question and the couple's other children who have also lost their sibbling.

So now this 2 year old has lost her family to be pasted back and fourth between her bio father, his mother and other friends.

Personally, I think dad's only recourse should have been to sue the agency who went through with the adoption without him signing off on it, but he shouldn't have been able to go against the innocent couple who only adopted a child and raised her well (even the bio father said they took good care of her). This is why most people go out of the country to adopt because there is a chance that even after the adoption is final, the father can come out of no where and take the child

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM
40 moms liked this

You've got this story all wrong -- from all accounts in the courtroom and around the mom was the one who hid from the dad and the adoption agency made few attempts to contact him and get his permission.  The adoption should have NEVER gone forward without the biological father's consent -- btw, he was MARRIED to the mother, so that creates even more legal rights on his end since he didn't have to prove paternity.  The adoptive parents pretty much kidnapped that kid with the help of the adoption agency.  The father was in the military, so um...yea, not that hard to locate.  Please read the news stories and perhaps link one.  You're not telling the whole story with this post.  

smurfyangel
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM

So sad :(

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

This is not how the story is being reported elsewhere, perhaps you should check the accuracy of this report. As I heard a rather different version I voted other because I don't believe that the father did anything wrong and it was appropriate that he be given custody. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM

The mother produced proof in court that she and some of her family members made several attempts to contact him, he ignored all of them. He financially, physically and emotionally abandoned her. The thing that pisses me off is he was fine with it when he thought she kept the baby and he just didn't have anything to do with her, but had the problem when a good family adopted her.

Quoting BethanyJ:

You've got this story all wrong -- from all accounts in the courtroom and around the mom was the one who hid from the dad and the adoption agency made few attempts to contact him and get his permission.  The adoption should have NEVER gone forward without the biological father's consent -- btw, he was MARRIED to the mother, so that creates even more legal rights on his end since he didn't have to prove paternity.  The adoptive parents pretty much kidnapped that kid with the help of the adoption agency.  The father was in the military, so um...yea, not that hard to locate.  Please read the news stories and perhaps link one.  You're not telling the whole story with this post.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM

The problem is, most places report leaning one way or the other. But going by facts only, the mother proved in court that she and other family attempted to contact him, he admitted that the child was very well raised and well cared for and he admitted that he abandoned his wife.

Quoting GaleJ:

This is not how the story is being reported elsewhere, perhaps you should check the accuracy of this report. As I heard a rather different version I voted other because I don't believe that the father did anything wrong and it was appropriate that he be given custody. 

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Please post links.

Quoting Anonymous:

The problem is, most places report leaning one way or the other. But going by facts only, the mother proved in court that she and other family attempted to contact him, he admitted that the child was very well raised and well cared for and he admitted that he abandoned his wife.

Quoting GaleJ:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
3 moms liked this

I have no sympathy for the adoptive family. They knew the father had not signed the BC. When he came for the child, they should have given her up, not drag him to court for over a year. If I were him, I would not let them have anything to do with my child. I do not think the adoptive family acted in this child's best interest. For this reason the child has to suffer.

BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
3 moms liked this

No, I don't know where you are getting that from, he didn't abandon her, he was deployed and following orders.  If the mother really had done everything she could to contact him the judge wouldn't have ordered the child's return.  Bottom line, the father never gave his consent, and the adoption should have never taken place.  I'm glad the child was returned.  She should have never been placed to begin with.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GaleJ:

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Will you please post the link where you are getting this information?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GaleJ:

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM
No, just no.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured