Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In need of advice ....*POLL ADDED*

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 33 Replies

Poll

Question: Should we:

Options:

Sell it

Pack it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

I recently had my second miscarriage/d&c within 8months of each other (I was the one under anonymous asking whether I should call my doctor due to heavy bleeding, painful cramping, etc. last week.) DH and I have agreed to hold off for a while (a year or so) before trying again. I'm torn as to whether or not I should sell the baby stuff I do have. DH doesn't want to look at it and I'm of the mindset, if and when we do fall pregnant again will it end the same way....I just need some advice on this and it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ladies!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittanyjenean
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Just pack it away in boxes Don't get rid of it. Good luck to U guys.
brittanyjenean
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Thank you.   

Quoting Anonymous:

brittanyjenean
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM

BUMP!

brittanyjenean
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Well if you want the honest truth, I kept a lot of my baby stuff, in the hopes that someday I'd be a grandparent. Well, accumulating all that stuff soon became obviously visible and there was so much that was taking up space. So I decided to sell it all in a yard sale. Within a year, our son announced that he'd gotten his girlfriend pregnant LOL. (I wasn't happy about him doing that of course, but wouldn't you know, I just sold all the stuff). That child is now fifteen years old, and we have six grandchildren now.. So if you really want a baby, sell all the stuff, get your mind off it for a while, and sooner or later you'll be pregnant because you haven't worried about it. It really works. I had a problem getting pregnant myself, but once we got through the tests etc, and nothing was wrong we had THREE healthy babies, two boys and a girl, and the funny part about it, was that they were all spaced, like they were planned that way, and of course they weren't planned, as we'd wanted it to be. We love the children of course, and they're all grown now with kids of their own. Being a grandma is far more rewarding than being parents too. LOL, if I'd have known back when I was younger, that being a grandma was better LOL, I'd have become a grandma first. (Of course I'm just kidding ), but it's really awesome.

CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Pack it up until you are ready to try again.

Just a quick question.

Do you have any children from a previous pregnancy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM

this, God bless you both. Best wishes.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

keisha613
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Just pack it up until you need it.  And you will need it.  Good luck.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I say sell if it makes you sad. Then just get all new stuff when the time comes. Best of luck. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)