Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In need of advice ....*POLL ADDED*

Poll

Question: Should we:

Options:

Sell it

Pack it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

I recently had my second miscarriage/d&c within 8months of each other (I was the one under anonymous asking whether I should call my doctor due to heavy bleeding, painful cramping, etc. last week.) DH and I have agreed to hold off for a while (a year or so) before trying again. I'm torn as to whether or not I should sell the baby stuff I do have. DH doesn't want to look at it and I'm of the mindset, if and when we do fall pregnant again will it end the same way....I just need some advice on this and it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ladies!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I'm usually mushy too.  But, even though I was early in pregnancy I had already begun prepping the room that would be the nursery...big mistake I guess.  My poor hubby won't even go in the room.  But I might just pack it all away until we decide to try again.

Quoting hismommy2010:

Tough one. First I would want to find out what's causing the mc. Before I acted on anything else. In the mean time, I would just put the stuff away, garage or attic...

Then once you get the clear from the doc to try again, and if you do get pregnant, I would then decide if I want to use the same items, or start fresh. you may be able to return the items to the store.

I'm a bit of a mushy minded person.. I would probaly want to keep the stuff and use it for any future kids I would have. That way I would feel like I was keeping the memory of our mc babies alive.

vwd_johnson
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I say sell it. Its tough to look at and that way when you end up pregnant and are in the clear and are having a successful pregnancy you can put the past behind you and go shopping together for this baby and start new.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I agree.  I would just pack it up so that you still have it but don't have to see it on a daily basis. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Just pack it away in boxes Don't get rid of it. Good luck to U guys.

brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I go back to the doc next Tuesday and he did draw blood before the miscarriage began (both times) so I will likely ask about my progesterone levels from both.  DH is blaming both times on him and he wants to be a daddy so bad (my dd is from a previous relationship and DH loves DD like his own) and it kills me inside.  Thank you for suggesting that.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

My husband and I suffered 5 miscarriages between our oldest two. I went through all the tests to try and figure out why I could get pregnant but not stay pregnant.

After the fifth miscarriage we didn't want to try again but after 2 yrs we decided to. Like always within a month pregnant. Immediately I went to my OB with a ton of fear but he had one last trick up his sleeve Progesterone Shots.

Turns out that is why I was miscarrying. My progesterone levels were bottoming out. I received a shot twice a week for the first 20 weeks and finally had baby number two.

I don't know if this is what is happening but maybe when you decide to try again you could talk to your doctor about it.

Quoting brittanyjenean:

I have a daughter who is 4....why......lol. 

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Pack it up until you are ready to try again.

Just a quick question.

Do you have any children from a previous pregnancy?

CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM
My husband always thought it was something wrong with him as well. In reality it wasn't anything we could have originally known about.

GL

Quoting brittanyjenean:

I go back to the doc next Tuesday and he did draw blood before the miscarriage began (both times) so I will likely ask about my progesterone levels from both.  DH is blaming both times on him and he wants to be a daddy so bad (my dd is from a previous relationship and DH loves DD like his own) and it kills me inside.  Thank you for suggesting that.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

My husband and I suffered 5 miscarriages between our oldest two. I went through all the tests to try and figure out why I could get pregnant but not stay pregnant.

After the fifth miscarriage we didn't want to try again but after 2 yrs we decided to. Like always within a month pregnant. Immediately I went to my OB with a ton of fear but he had one last trick up his sleeve Progesterone Shots.

Turns out that is why I was miscarrying. My progesterone levels were bottoming out. I received a shot twice a week for the first 20 weeks and finally had baby number two.

I don't know if this is what is happening but maybe when you decide to try again you could talk to your doctor about it.

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Just a quick question.

brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Thank you! 

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

My husband always thought it was something wrong with him as well. In reality it wasn't anything we could have originally known about.

GL

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Just a quick question.

Binkys_Buttons
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I had my dd 4 years ago and have had 2 miscarriages since. I kept all the baby stuff. It's currently in a storage unit.
Trisha234
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Voted. Bump.
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I say compromise. Ppack it for two years max and then sell it if you dont need it, but hopefully you will.

Just pack it somewhere your DH wont run into it.
faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I can't answer that, I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your losses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured