Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spinal infection in baby :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Does anyone know anything about spinal infections in small children?!

My gf's 1.5 yo daughter is in the hospital and they think that is what she has. They are waiting for the results of fluids that were tested, but will probably start her on steroids tomorrow.

Any info or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!!! We are all so worried for this precious little girl!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM

BUMP!

beachbabies6
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Don't know anything about it , hope everything is alright , prayers for your little one

saucymama519
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I have no advice to give but I'll be praying for the little lady. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and she'll be all better soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Shes not my daughter but a close friends. Thank you though. We will take all the prayers we can get right now.

Quoting beachbabies6:

Don't know anything about it , hope everything is alright , prayers for your little one

Diamepphyre
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Awww....  thoughts and prayers going up for her.  Hope she's okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Thanks, me too.

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Awww....  thoughts and prayers going up for her.  Hope she's okay.

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Meningitis
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Spinal meningitis ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
helema24
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM

if they catch it soon enough they can treat her and she will be a normal energetic little terror i mean little girl!! just picture her running around and your friend telling you how she doesnt know where she gets it!! also get the child a stuffed bear or cat or puppy (her fave animal) and have it fixed up just like her with a tiny gown and othe rthings , the gown can be made with a shirt that fits the animal. you cut it down the back and hem the sides of th ecut and attach biased tape strings that are sewn shut to the collar and mid back to tie it shut. you can also put something on th earm to sho wthat he has an iv too!! i know i loved it when my mama took one of her fave stuffies and put a bandage on its foot when i had to have  a needle removed from my foot surgically!!

Hang in there most likely they caught it in time and she will be just fine, and she will remembe rthat animal you made her for years to come if you make it for her!

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Hopefully we find out what's wrong with her tomorrow, we all need answers.

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Spinal meningitis ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured