Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

need help please!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi moms. I'm the wife of a truck driver he is gone 5/6 days a week and we have 2 kids whem he comes home he thinks that is HIS time to play and do whatever he wants. how do I make him understand I need help with kids, the house, and everything else I do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I have the same problem , good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Tell him?
aikimomof3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Do you work outside of the home?

chickens
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM

My first husband traveled for work and would be gone for a week, home for about 3 days. The first day he got back he had to spend with all of us, the next day I got to out and do what I wanted, the third day he got to go hang out with the guys.

He protested at first but knew I was serious the night I got dressed, kissed everyone goodbye and walked out for the night.

littlemomma2117
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM
No I do not work outside the home. I have tryed talking to him about it, but to tell yall the truth I would do better talking to a wall lol. And if he does answer me he tells me that im just bitching, and he works everyday so I can stay home.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

when he comes home, disappear... dont take the kids.

littlemomma2117
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I guess that's what im going to have to do,but I just dont get how he can be so clueless about things. I'm ready to run far,far away and let him deal with it all, and see how he likes it.
bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Sit him down and talk to him, telling him straight out what you need. Let him know that you appreciate that he works long hours on the road to support you guys but that when he's home, you really need a little bit of a break from having to do everything for everyone by yourself, and a little time to just be alone for a bit without the demands of motherhood pressing on you so you can recharge your batteries before he heads out on the road again.

brittany208
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM

My DH was the same way and I tried to be understanding. Though I did get a part time job on the weekends so he would be forced to watch DS a few hours while I worked on Saturday nights. The rest of the time, I didn't care what he did--as long as he spent some time with us too.

littlemomma2117
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Thanks guys, I am thinking a long talk will be ready for him. I love my kids with all my heart and soul, but I a little time would be nice just to do what I want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN