Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This kid broke my sons tooth! *2nd UPDATE*

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 162 Replies

I got home from work and my SS who is 17 said, "Hey mom, look what happened today." He shows me his teeth and half (lengthwise not widthwise) of his left front tooth is missing. I asked what happened and he said this kid (a ex friend of my youngest who is 16) just walked up to him and back handed in him the face and his watch hit him in the mouth. 3 other boys were there as a witness that my SS did nothing to provoke that boy. AND the school did NOTHING about it. I have the day off tomorrow and I am marching right into that school and demanding that boy gets some kind of disciplinary action. It happened on school property while they were waiting for the bus. The dentist wants $750 to fix the tooth (my insurance is crappy and only covers extractions and emergencies). What should I do? DH said something about suing the parents for the money but IDK if that's the right thing to do. He says it will teach them to teach their kid not hit others. What do you think? What should we do about this situation?

Update*

First off, I noticed a little confusion. The son that was assaulted 'R', is NOT gay. My younger SS, 'C', who is 16 is gay. 'M', the attacker was friends with C until 2 weeks ago when my son outted himself at school. Since then M has gone around the whole school calling my son a queer and a faggot. R told M to never speak to him again because he didn't like the way M was treating C. From what I gathered today the bus monitor said M approached R and tried talking to him. R ignored him so M backhanded him.

Anyways, DH and I just got home from the school. The bus monitor, the one supervising the kids while they waited for the bus, saw everything but did not report it. He did send my son to the nurse. The nurse DID report it and was furious that the bus monitor did not. The bus monitor is being reprimanded by the principal. The principal suspended the boy for 2 weeks (apparently this is second assault at school) and notified the parents of the assualt. They said to get a written estimate from my dentist (I had only called to get a verbal estimate) and to bring it to a meeting between us, the principal and the other kids parents. Everything will try to be solved at the school among us. If the kids parents do no cooperate the school will file charges and we will have to as well. Then we have to sue. Hopefully, everything is handled easily and we do not have to involve the courts.

Well f*ck this kid! My son came home practically in tears because the POS boy told everyone in school that he hit my son and my son, "pussied out." So now everyone is making fun of him and saying he is a wimp who can't defend himself. And the principal still hasn't given the boy his suspension. IDK why! I am BEYOND PISSED! We are calling the cops and our lawyer. I am SO DONE. And when the boys parents ask why we didn't wait for the meeting, I will tell them that their son is a freaking douche and they should be ashamed! I might get bashed for the last edit, but I don't give a f*ck! This is my damn kid he is messing with!!!!!!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:03 PM

BUMP!

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:05 PM
6 moms liked this
Someone would be paying for it. Take them to small claims court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackcat1515
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:07 PM
3 moms liked this

get the other kids parents to pay it is their child that did it

skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I've seen tons of parents sue the parents of kids who bully theirs so you could but that is a little overkill. The school and parents definitely need a talking to though. But it's hard to believe your kid did absolutely nothing and out of no where this one just walks up and hits him. There's always a reason.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Somebody whether it be the other parents or school would be paying for the dentist if it were me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinenonstop
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Sue the kids parents to pay the bill.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Theres gotta be more to the his story...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM
4 moms liked this

I would first talk to the parents and give them the opportunity to pay for it and if they refused I would sue them!

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

He was friends with my youngest son until he found out he was gay. Now he CONSTANTLY harrasses both kids. Both my kids are lovers, not fighters but are fiercly protective of each other. IDK if something was said earlier in the day, but regardless he had NO right to put his hands anywhere NEAR my child.

Quoting skittlefart:

I've seen tons of parents sue the parents of kids who bully theirs so you could but that is a little overkill. The school and parents definitely need a talking to though. But it's hard to believe your kid did absolutely nothing and out of no where this one just walks up and hits him. There's always a reason.

lilmamabowers
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:20 PM

well i would def be marching my butt into that school and snatching someone up for not taking matters into their own hands considering it was on school property. something should have been done in school the day it happened. i would see what the school had to say about the incident and then go from there.

i would be one mad momma!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured