Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she says her life is over

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

my 13 year old daughter. About a month ago i found out that she went and made a facebook account after we told her she couldn't have one. She hasn't shown us the maturity; not to mention i don't feel that a 13 year old need a facebook account.

Anyways i haven't been able to deactivate it because she wouldn 't give me the password. Well because she broke the rules, she lost her cell phone (which as internet )and her tablet that she got for christmas. About 2 week ago my husband found out that she was getting up in the middle of the night   and getting his droid phone and going online ( not facebook) but she was going on youtube. he said something to her and started plugging his phone in the bedroom at night.

Tonight my son told me he got up at 4 am because his nose started bleeding and she had my laptop in her room listening to music, so I went into my history and she had went into over dozen youtube videos and i found out that she had also access her facebook. I told her she better give me her facebook password or she will lose everything in her room. all she has left is her MP3 player and her TV. So she  finally gave me the password and i deactivate the account and change the email to my gmail and  change the password. She started screaming her life is over. Seriously!?!? It is facebook not the end of the world. How could her life be over when she never had one before. Now i also have to take my laptop in my bedroom at night too. 

She is now blaming my son saying she hate him that it is all his fault. I looked at her and i told her that NO It isn't his fault, it is YOUR fault, your broke the rules, you knew what would happen if you did and now you are dealing with consquences of those actions. ugggg all yea she also pushed me tonight and i told her she best think  twice the next  time she want to push me.

I swear having a teenager is going to kill me.

This is simply a vent. If you want to tell me how bad a parent i am because i won't let my daughter have a facebook, don't bother, I have my rules and they are not going to be changing anytime soon and i have my reason and i know my daughter than any of you.

Thanks for listening.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aikimomof3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Ah the drama that is a teenaged girl.

Sorry you're dealing with this mama.

When I was 14, my grandmother told me that I was my mother's payback for how she acted toward her when she was a teenager LOL. I can laugh about it now, of course... but in 6 years I will be dealing with 2 teenage girls as well ::sigh::

beingme75
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Sorry to hear it mama! I wish I could tell u it will get better, but I simply can't. My DD is 15 and well, it just gets funner and funner!! (Yea, I know "funner" isn't a word, but it needs to be used in this case!!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LDennany
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM
You guys are scaring me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
november0229
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I can relate I have a 15 year old n I don't allow her on fb either however her pop pop bought her a iPhone for Xmas and the other day I randomly said unlock ur phone n give it to me!!she tempted but I got ahold of it and went to the search engine and found some disturbing things as far as "Instagram "pics uggh ...she also broke the rules so I understand ur pain!She not only says I cut her off from the world but she hates me too n can't stand stepdad and just pure attitude,,ran away for 4 hours etc. It's hell!! So idk teenage years are the worst she will be 16 in June n I am like counting down the days till she is 18 !!!When I was a teen I've never had this technology like today it's scary
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Quoting aikimomof3:

Ah the drama that is a teenaged girl.

Sorry you're dealing with this mama.

When I was 14, my grandmother told me that I was my mother's payback for how she acted toward her when she was a teenager LOL. I can laugh about it now, of course... but in 6 years I will be dealing with 2 teenage girls as well ::sigh::

I believe she is my payback. I was hell as a teenager and they say you pay for your raising and i am times 10. right now at only 13, she is all attitude, can't even hold a coversation with her.  I can wake her up in the morning and she get an attitude. She drives me crazy.

ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM
My niece has a Facebook account, she is 12. We ( me and her mother) know her password, and check it time to time. All she does is talk to her friends about school or play games with them. I can't see a problem there. If she is not doing anything inappropriate, why not. She doesn't use her real name.
How old is your son? I do think that he should not tell on her sister like that. It's very coverdy of him. My kids are 4 and 3, they never tell on each other. I like it. I want them to be close, and trust each other always.
But that's just me. :-)
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never had to ask my mom to make a profile on a website, ever. I just find it strange.
lovemyirish
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
There is absolutely NO reason why a kid that age needs a damn Facebook, or smartphones, etc. I don't blame you for what you're doing. My girls better think twice before they ever act like that! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Teenage girls enter this bleak, dark, tunnel....and after a few years they pop out as a normal human being again.  I dont get what happens in there, but I was ever so grateful when mine came out of it.  

As an adult she said she only wanted sons because of how bizarre she was as a teenager.  The mother's curse struck her though.  I looked at her and said "I hope you have a daughter just like you darling".  This past summer she had her first child - a little girl. :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

my son is 9 and i have my reason for not wanting my daughter to have a facebook account. and i am glad that he told me about her being on my laptop.  He knows the rules just as well as she does and he did the right thing.

Quoting ilana_ny:

My niece has a Facebook account, she is 12. We ( me and her mother) know her password, and check it time to time. All she does is talk to her friends about school or play games with them. I can't see a problem there. If she is not doing anything inappropriate, why not. She doesn't use her real name.
How old is your son? I do think that he should not tell on her sister like that. It's very coverdy of him. My kids are 4 and 3, they never tell on each other. I like it. I want them to be close, and trust each other always.
But that's just me. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN